Week 2 Flower - ORANGE EGGS in the new bud shoots !! ;(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 2 Flower - ORANGE EGGS in the new bud shoots !! ;(

Click image for larger version  Name:	9FF4F586-6BF4-4081-AF14-7B9378088601.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.24 MB ID:	489291
    Guys please help here, I can’t identify this for the life of me and I keep removing them but they appear on more and more branches every day. The eggs seem to only be burrowing into the stalks immediately under the new bud shoots? Two thumb ails attached at large res. If you can’t see much it’s pretty much 3-5 eggs at all the lower branche’s bud sites. All tiny but almost ‘scratched’ in to the stems of them. There are also some marks of slightly eaten stalks also
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DD0AA6E2-51CE-4FBD-BCAD-9EAE1F4B1470.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.86 MB ID:	489290

It's possible they may not be eggs at all. It's tough to see in the pic but the color is right for russet mites.

Comment

Thanks they don’t actually move or anything when I touch them to remove them. Then once a slightly larger creature came out of the area, and I can’t recognise it at all from the pest lists

Comment

Hemp boring worm?
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Not sure, but yes could be. Organic spraying the eggs today

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	A597DB58-0812-4A48-83C2-2ABF8E07F902.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	489824
            Guys your thoughts? Using scope, I found these thrips and the eggs look more like sap from damage from the thrips? Your thoughts? It’s not an infestation at all.. very few thrips, just worried about eggs

Name:	5451BD47-9120-446B-8584-F4B8E224BC73.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	489823

Comment

Spray the plat all over with a mixture of water and Diatomaceous Earth (1 tsp per litre), the Food grade type and sprinkle a layer over the topsoil. leave it on for a day and then rinse the leaves with just a warm water spray. 100% organic solution...seems to work well for most bug problems
              I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

And some leaves are like this

Name:	84F7120E-2466-4070-8A44-2AABCAE273F9.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	489832

Comment

• JeffInCanada
                  JeffInCanada commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I dare say the little buggers have been munching on the leaves. Good thing you caught on to them early. Those magnified shots are awesome. Good luck!

A note on food grade DE, when burned it crystallizes and crystalline DE is poison to all! Not saying dont, but be sure you get it off the plant.
                Rosemary oil explodes eggs, but this is a strong sent and I dont want that either.

Comment

• dilvish
                  dilvish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Check your facts. " Food grade" is already low grade crystalline (less than 1%). Burning it does not change that composition. if you have information that proves otherwise, please share it. This kind of post may make people think twice about using it and it is effective and organic. Smoking or vaping is carcinogenic in nature anyway so the danger is about the same. Ultimately yes use it with caution on plants that will be consumed orally or inhaled meaning rinse as much of it off the plant as you can before curing/drying/harvesting

Thank you all guys! Will follow all advice. Is the sap coming from the mother thrip burying the lavae in the stem?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X