Questions about "Flowering Time" & Transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about "Flowering Time" & Transition

Hi All, been growing for a couple of years, but still learning (aren't we all), so I have a couple of questions about the "flowering time" & "Transition"
    1. Flowering time: On Many sites, the strains list a "flowering time", but when does time time start - is it when the plants are switched to the 12/12 lighting and transition started, or when the first signs of flowers appear?
    2. Also, does the flowering time, refer to when the plants 'should' be at their optimum for harvest (cloudy trichomes, with a few amber)?
    3. Transition, OK so when moving to transition, not only do I switch the lighting from 18/6 to 12/12, I also on that first day, I do shut off the lights for a full day, so that they experience roughly 36 hours of darkest. My rationale is to speed up the drop in the light created hormone and kick the plants into transition/bloom.
      BUT - am I harming the plants by doing this sudden kick to transition instead of letting it occur more gently by switching from 18/6 to 12/12 without shutting of the lights?
    Anyone with any experiences in this area?

I’m a lot newer than you but my 2 pennies.......I say flowering is when you actually see the flowers not when you switch. The breeders flower time means NOTHING, it’s how long it takes if you have a perfect setup and a perfect grow which I doubt if anyone but a top end commercial outfit could afford. I’ve found in my short time growing that you’re much better off goggling the strain you’re growing and checking out how long actual grows took and use them to get an average to go by.

Comment

Please read this it will help you understand : https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...s-week-by-week

Personally I call it in transition when they begin to stretch and the small "budlets" start to appears.

Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Malkavian420
        Malkavian420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, that link is really helpful. They say its when the switch to Transition is made...

I start counting the weeks when the first white hairs appear. But if veg them long enough the white hairs will come before i switch. Then i count from the day i switch to 12/12, doesnt even take 7 days for the buds start forming.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X