Growth has stalled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growth has stalled

Howdy, first grow and feels like the new growth sites (what is the proper terminology? Axillary buds?) has been stunted. Fan leaves continue growing but not much vertical growth after the 2nd topping. If pics suck I can get more/different angles. When I topped the first time they sprouted up really quickly to the 4th node. Now just seem to have stalled and it's been 2 weeks!

Here are the quick stats:
    --Amnesia fems
    --12dec: Put in soil (FFOF/Perlite)
    --6jan: First nutes added (GH Flora Trio), feed about 1/3 of the gallon every 2-3 days
    --13jan: 2nd round of nutes, feed about 1/3 of the gallon every 2-3 days
    --15jan: First topping/lollipopping
    --25jan: 2nd topping
    --27jan: 2nd lollipop
    --28jan: 3rd round of nutes, feed about 1/3 of the gallon every 2-3 days
    --Lights are 23" from top of plants
    --Watering in between feedings with CalMag
    --Temp/rH good (with the recent cold blast we've been having, things haven't been 100% perfect but in the range mostly), measuring pH, PPM with every water/feed, 2 clip fans to circulate air
    --Used a soil pH meter (not sure how reliable) to test, was a bit high at 7.5

Appreciate any insight, SOOOO new to all this

If your PH is 7,5 maybe I would take care of this problem first and see it it’s helped.
    because 7,5 is too high and no nutrients or supplements can get absorbed by the roots
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I can tell if it's lighting but they look a light green which is a sign of hunger. Either they need food or you are having a ph problem causing lockout and they're not getting any food

Edit = I missed you saying that the ph could be 7.5 so like I said it could be lockout
      Last edited by MeEasy; 02-08-2021, 08:06 AM.
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Bring your PH down to 6.5
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Hi there, CyberK and welcome to GWE.

I'm sure you'll get more useful suggestions from the Old Pros here, but in the meantime, I have recently read lots of complaints of slow growth attributed to the cold temps this winter. I noticed a temp reading in the 60's in one of your pics which isn't "Low" in real terms, but may be lower than your Amnesia plant likes. You may want to try and boost both temp and Rh along with it to hit a proper Vapor Pressure Deficit combination in your grow room. I'm shooting for 68 F & 40% Rh lately. Also, get them off the floor if needs be to warm up the soil a bit.

Patience is a virtue...

Best of luck,

-Grouchy
          My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
          I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
          Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
            PeterMatanzas commented
            Editing a comment
            This is a good point. I have a heating pad under some of my fabric pots.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X