Bottom leaves yellowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom leaves yellowing

Hello I live in Australia and am growing in an outdoor greenhouse. I'm doing a certificate III in horticulture and halfway through at campus but even seems us horticulturist have troubles with plants we aren't experienced with. Anyway My setup cost about $0 since I already had everything I kinda need besides water that costs a few dollars I guess and fertilizer. Anyway the bottom leaves are yellowing. Now from my course yellowing leaves like that can be nitrogen deficiency or if the veins are green with yellowing in the leaves its Iron deficiency or over/under watering. The Soil PH is 7, soil salinity (ec) is .02.

I did notice that when the new leaves form they look yellowish then turn green but even some of the upper once above topsoil leaves and getting pale.

Here is before and after from when it was a tiny seedling to now

Looks pretty good to me. The early bottom leaves do yellow and fall off.

Comment

Welcome to GWE

Looks like a lot of of inter-nodal spacing. How much light is it getting?
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Finally one who is throwing pictures up like it was the last on earth..
        I dont see a big problem. its normal the first coly leaves will fall off. But there is some space between the nodes, as mentioned above.
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Originally posted by YYCannabis View Post
          Welcome to GWE

Looks like a lot of of inter-nodal spacing. How much light is it getting?
          Quite a bit but the weather in the last week to 2 weeks here has been very weird af. It was cold today but then sun came out brightly at around 1pm. Yesterday was sunny af, day before rained a little and was cloudy. Before then was really scorching hot to just hot now we're coming to the end of summer. I deff did plant it too late but I thought I'd give it a go anyway

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X