No announcement yet.

Feeding CANNA products every water??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Feeding CANNA products every water??

Hi guys,

I'm growing 3 photo plants on coco coir/perlite with CANNA range products. My question is, do you feed them nutes with every watering? Or do you do just calmag pHed water in between nutes feed? I'd love to know your opinions, please, I'm still very green on growing.

Thank you πŸ‘Š

I don't think there is a "right" or "wrong" answer here. A lot matters on plant nute tolerance, what the coco/perlite ratio is, and more. Some "fertigate" and do frequent, nutes-in-all feeding. Some do two feeds and flush/water only.

My most successful is usually to do 2 feeds/ph water/calmg. Adjusting and flushing based on runoff ppm and ph. Your plants will tell you what's working and what isn't.

Comment

Plants like consistency and coco being inert needs constant flux of nutrients and water, that being said you could over feed and nutrients can accumulate overtime so you need to develop your own method. I would advice to feed constantly at low doses and rise accordingly

Comment

Thank guys, I really thought about checking the runoff's EC and pH more often but I just started giving them enough water to have a considerable runoff. I guess I'll feed them nutes everytime, keeping an eye on that leftover water. So if the EC is much bigger than the feed, that means I'm giving it way to much nutes, right?
        Yeah, I feel like studying right now would do me good.
        Thanks buds πŸ‘Š

Comment

I treat my coco grow just like my RDWC room.
          Coco is a hydro system and as 9finger mentioned, you will get crazy ec spikes if you let the media dry out.
          I haven't run canna in my systems, so I don't have any direct experience using that line.
          I run Jacks 3-2-1 in all of my systems @ 1.6ec and adjust the ph depending on which media I'm running.
          The coco tent gets fed EVERY watering to run-off.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I’ve only ever used canna nutes with canna coco. I tend to either feed then plain ph water or feed, feed, water. Start the nutes at half strength to start with until they’re properly into veg. I’d recommend using cal mag every time you add anything. Also do your ph after you add nutes

Comment

Thanks guys, that's really helpful! MagicMike66 I think I'll do what you said, half strenth nutes at first and feed, feed, ph water but because I use RO, I'll give them a bit of cal mag as well. Thanks again buds πŸ‘Š

Comment

Theres so many answers to this question i could be here all day.If your using smaii amount of nutes every time you water with a decent runoff you'l probably be fine,you could give less water each time without runoff but then you'l need to put plain ph'd waterings inbetween to prevent build up of nutes or if your using high amounts of nutes at certain times you might want to do something similar.Its all about finding a way that suits you,thats the fun of growing.I personaly use canna a+b+calmag with coco/perlite and i adjust the way i feed and how much all through the grow depending on how the plants look.Good luck bud,you'l get there.
                Grow tent=120x60x150 for veg,300x150x160 for flowering
                Current grow=4x dwarf autos,
                Medium=coco/perlite 60/40
                Nutrients=canna a+b plus calmag
                Lighting=2x110w QBs for veg,2x600w hps/digital+dimmable for flowering
                Ventilation=Small tent 2x4" ac infinity fans and 2x rhino carbon filters Large tent 8"ac infinity fan+filter.
                Circulation=2x6"oscilating fans in smaller tent, 2x8" oscilating fans and 12" static in large tent
                Pots=12l fabric
                Temps with light on 23-24c,lights of 17-18c

Comment

Thanks george66. Right now I'm giving it a feed of 0
                  7 EC every time, for a week, pushing 50ppm per week but to get runoff I need at least 1Lt of feed every time because of the 3 gl fabric pots. Next feed I'll check the EC of the runoff and try to figure out if it is too high and I'll see from there. I'm think I'll have to water it with just phed water every 3 feeds. But again, I'll have to have plants telling me what to do next. Thanks bud, I appreciate your help πŸ‘Š

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X