No announcement yet.

Transplant stress or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Transplant stress or something else?

JuniorJay

1004 minutes agoHello Guys, I'm new here and to growing. This is my 2nd attempt at it..

So i have a Sour Secret / LA Amnesia cross that's about 18 days old, Its been growing in pro mix with no nutrients. (Outdoor grow)
    A few days ago I decided that it looked ready to be placed in a bigger pot with promix mixed with some dirt, little horse manure, and seaweed, (i would say 1:10 ratio manure to soil.

So i carefully lifted the plant out of the original smaller pot, being careful to to expose the roots and trying my best not to disturb the soil around the plant.
    i placed the plant down on some soil while i threw some of the excess from the original pot into the hole in the new pot.
    Within a minute or so I observed the plants leaves drooping so i quickly placed in the new pot.

I left it out of direct light for a few hours in hopes that it would get back to normal, however the fan leaves curled up,tips turned brown and got dry to the touch.
    the top and lower leaves look green and healthy but the fan leaves in the middle looks damaged.

Did i damage the plant, will it recover?
    Attached Files

Focus on the new growth now. I would remove those lower leaves that are dying off if it was me

Comment

Did you water really good after the transplant? I rarely have transplanting issues but when I do it's usually because I didn't water right away. Only other time was when I switched my soil because I knocked all the old stuff off the roots to replace with the new soil. Even then, it was right back to normal a couple days later. Like bboyfromwayback said, trim off the older growth that is dying. That will allow it to put it's energy into new growth instead of putting it into growth that's unhealthy.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X