ACE Seeds Sativa Topping Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACE Seeds Sativa Topping Question

ACE recommends switching from veg to flower after 15 days, which I've done. Although she's a vibrant beautiful girl, she doesn't have enough nodes to top yet. My question: Will topping during flower ill-advised?

As always, thank you folks for your wisdom!
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

15 days doesn't sound right, not enough vegitative growth, sativa's take a looong time, maybey they meant 15 weeks or 150 days then switch to flower.

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      15 weeks is too long for a sativa as they tend to get really tall. I think they were saying 15 days with no training, so it doesn't get too tall.

• BR2K
      BR2K commented
      Editing a comment
      It's listed on the product information page. This is my second GTXP. Although I topped the first one, it grew too big...largely because I ignored the breeder. It's to contol gorwth indoors and reduce nodal distances.

Definitely don't top during flower. I personally would have topped her and then vegged for a few more weeks. Hope that helps.

Comment

If it doesnt have enough nodes to top, then why switch to flower? Switching to flower after 15 days of veg is a waist.

Comment

• BR2K
        BR2K commented
        Editing a comment
        Just going with the breeder's recommendation. I guess I'll find out if you are correct or not.

Something does not sound correct to me
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

@BR2K you know I'm a Ace grower myself and you know I have several of their strains under my belt. They are pretty trustworthy (the breeder) when it come to their recommandations. So here is my opinion base on my experience with their Panama strains : They grow fast and tall so yes 3 to 4 wks of veg is enough because they stretch like crazy when they are in flowering sometime 3 times their height my friend. I had one who was close to my light like just 3 inches from it. I had to bend it a few times a day and my ceiling is around 10 feet high. You're inside so I would recommend to pay attention to her heigh all the time. As for topping DON'T DO IT DURING FLOWERING..! Or else your yield won't be the same.

Cheers,

Farmbuck

here maybe this will help : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=369415

A picture of my last Panama grow
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Farmbuck; 02-03-2021, 09:17 AM.
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmbuck - Thank you! I will not top my GTXP. If necessary, I'll remove it from my tent and it will get it's own closet.

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          BR2K Just bend her as much as you can, she's a strong girl she can take it lolllll Will you do 11/13 ?

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmbuck Not this time. I have three other plants, one Mandarin Gelato(MG) and two White Widows, with her. MG was over 50 days old when I switched. I probably should order more, before they're gone...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X