Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Consultation regarding the purchase of an LED lamp

Hello everyone,
    I am interested in purchasing an LED lamp and I wanted to hear your opinion on this lamp.

Horticulture 4 Bar Medical Plant Grow Brand Led Chip Mixed Uv Ir Mini Led 250w Grow Linear Bar Light System - Buy Best Product Led Grow Light Adjustable Greenhouse Agriculture Led Grow Light Lm301,Hot Sell Lm301 Hydroponic Led Grow Light 1000w Led Bar Grow Light Strip Light For Indoor Garden,High Power Ppfd Indoor Hydroponics Bar Strip Plant Growth Lamp Full Spectrum Led Grow Lights Product on Alibaba.com

My growing space is 100 * 100 cm
    Thanks in advance

All I got from the link was some download BS. Mars hydro, spider farmer, HLG, and viparspectar. Are 4 reasonable priced and highly recommended. Just remember read the fine print and look at the actual watts from the wall not the made up BS watts manufacturer claim.

Comment

How can I know what the real wattage is before purchasing?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        It is listed have to read closely see true watts. Mars, vipar i know list true watts.

If you want my advice, I would ensure that whatever you buy is UL or ETL listed. Safety comes first!

Comment

Can you please explain what this means?
        I'm from Israel so maybe it's different, I'll order the lamp from China, through Alibaba. It has a lot of good reviews from people from all over the world ... at least that's what is shown.

Comment

Of course!

UL is the Underwriters Laboratory. It defines safety standards for all sorts of consumer products, with a goal of providing consumers with a reliable way to know if a product is safe or not. It also can actually perform the tests to determine if the safety standards are met. If UL performs the tests, and the tests pass, a product is UL Listed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UL_(safety_organization)

ETL is a British laboratory (aka Intertek) that does not define the standard, but will perform the tests to say whether or not the standards are met. Thus a product is said to be ETL Listed to conform to UL standards. Both UL and ETL are officially recognized as approved testing laboratories by the United States government.

There are a few other officially approved laboratories.

Now, note that some products have a CE mark. This mark is a declaration by the MANUFACTURER, not a certification by a third party laboratory. As such, it is basically useless for determining whether or not a product is safe. Don’t be fooled by a CE mark!

Hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by echdk3 View Post
            Of course!

UL is the Underwriters Laboratory. It defines safety standards for all sorts of consumer products, with a goal of providing consumers with a reliable way to know if a product is safe or not. It also can actually perform the tests to determine if the safety standards are met. If UL performs the tests, and the tests pass, a product is UL Listed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UL_(safety_organization)

ETL is a British laboratory (aka Intertek) that does not define the standard, but will perform the tests to say whether or not the standards are met. Thus a product is said to be ETL Listed to conform to UL standards. Both UL and ETL are officially recognized as approved testing laboratories by the United States government.

There are a few other officially approved laboratories.

Now, note that some products have a CE mark. This mark is a declaration by the MANUFACTURER, not a certification by a third party laboratory. As such, it is basically useless for determining whether or not a product is safe. Don’t be fooled by a CE mark!

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much for your help!
            The company's Website shows the UL logo, do you think that's enough?

Comment

• echdk3
              echdk3 commented
              Editing a comment
              It has both the UL logo and the ETL logo. This would normally suggest to me that you’re good to go, unless the manufacturer is lying. I know that sounds paranoid, but it has been known to happen, especially with Chinese companies that know that it would be very hard to punish them if they got caught lying. Some unreputable companies will just flat out lie about this kind of stuff to sell as much as they can. I have actually caught more than one manufacturer lying about ETL certification by probing deeper. Sometimes they’ll advertise that they’re certified but then when you get the product, it is missing the UL or ETL sticker, which should always be present. It’s worrying that I can’t find hardly any results on google when I search for that light, the SunPlus Cannastar CS240. It’s up to you. I don’t think I would trust it, just personally speaking. If you do get it, look for the sticker on the product when you receive it. If the sticker isn’t there, it’s not listed.
              Last edited by echdk3; 02-02-2021, 02:41 PM.

I personally wouldn't trust it. I tried to look at the website and it's not a secure site, for one. Secondly, I saw no such light on the site. I've tried Google searches and came up with nothing on that light. I would suggest looking into something else. Just my opinion.

Comment

Personally I wouldn't order any light off alibaba. I just bought a roi 680 from a trusted online source. I saw a light that claims ( on alibaba)to be the same light for (same name and look) 1/4 the price. My guess it's a knock off. Remember you get what you pay for. If they're knock offs I doubt they have the same if any safety standards. Like UL and the others. Last thing you want is your house burning down because you got a good deal on a cheap light.
              5x5 Gorilla tent
              Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
              Infinity T8 exhaust fan
              Technaflora nutes
              Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the responses and help.
                Here in Israel I have heard of a number of people who have purchased their lamps from Alibaba, LED lamps in Israel are very expensive and therefore people order from China.
                I agree with you regarding the concern of liability and I will clarify this further in depth.
                Does anyone have any idea where to order good quality LED lamps at a reasonable price?

Comment

Additionally,
                  These are the certificates that the company contact person sent me.

Comment

• echdk3
                    echdk3 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ‏Yup, there’s the CE marking. Any manufacturer can slap a CE marking on there. I sympathize with you, I’ve got family all across Israel and I know how hard and expensive it can be to get quality goods, but the fact remains that Alibaba is not very reliable. I wish you luck, and I think we would all be willing to offer advice on any other light might you might be considering. This is a great group on this forum, and we all want each other to succeed. !בהצלחה

Thank you
                  I hope that everything will work out, that the lamp will be good and that the flowers will come out delicious !
                  I'm sure I'll consult this forum again

Comment

Hi DorMashilker and welcome. I bought a Quantum Board from Alibaba, approximately 6 months ago. I have been using it 12 hours on and 12 hours off. I have no issues with it, and very satisfied

Comment

• DorMashilker
                      DorMashilker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It is great to hear I hope I will be satisfied too
                      Promises to update as well.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X