Electrical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical

Ok so I have a 8x4 ft tent, currently running one 1000watt dimmable ballast, I want 2 lights so I thought about getting z2 600watt ballast but price from 1000 watt to 600 is minimal and I mean if I wanted to dim it to 600 I can do that. Right now I have 2 inlines running they total like 1.5amp pull total but the ballast is pulling 10amps that puts me at 12 amps out of 15 as far as I’m concerned I don’t want to push that threshold anymore. So I was going to get a 22/240 installed but I need recommendations on grow room timer panels. Other ideas very welcome

you mean like a trolmaster? a master controler for lights, fans, ac, de-hu, etc..

Comment

• Wolfe0420
      Wolfe0420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nailed it that’s what I’m talking about don’t know why I couldn’t spit the name out

Originally posted by Wolfe0420 View Post
    Ok so I have a 8x4 ft tent, currently running one 1000watt dimmable ballast, I want 2 lights so I thought about getting z2 600watt ballast but price from 1000 watt to 600 is minimal and I mean if I wanted to dim it to 600 I can do that. Right now I have 2 inlines running they total like 1.5amp pull total but the ballast is pulling 10amps that puts me at 12 amps out of 15 as far as I’m concerned I don’t want to push that threshold anymore. So I was going to get a 22/240 installed but I need recommendations on grow room timer panels. Other ideas very welcome
    Just remember that when you are running continuous loads like your lights, you need to de-rate the circuit to no more than 2/3 of the max rating. a 15A circuit is using 14ga wiring and it will get really hot if you run 15A continuously.
    I converted all of my leds in my main room to run on 240v so it'll half the amperage draw.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I am fixing to do the same thing after this grow is done. New lights that are coming are wired for 220. I have the trolmaster environmental controller and so far it has worked flawlessly. It operates everything in the grow except my circulation fans, even the RDWC system. If you go that route, make sure your lights have a low voltage input that is compatible with their adapters.
      DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
      TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
      Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
      10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
      50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
      8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
      2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
      w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
      2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
      2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
      GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
      Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
      . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
      Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep in mind here in OK that 220 measures out at 250!

When I run wire, I run over sized as it will carry the load with less loss over the run, if it calls for 12 Gauge I run 10 Gauge. Just cant go wrong with larger wire.

Comment

I have a habit of overdoing stuff. Big fat wires give me peace of mind. Got plenty of 6,10 awg leftovers from my machine shop I shut down. I get 115 out of each leg single phase here at the house.
        Last edited by Smoklahoma; 02-03-2021, 06:43 AM.
        DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
        TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
        Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
        10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
        50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
        8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
        2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
        w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
        2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
        2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
        GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
        Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
        . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
        Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X