Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50% perlite into a PRO-MIX organic with perlite a deadly combination ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50% perlite into a PRO-MIX organic with perlite a deadly combination ?

I believe I found the answer to why my Kali are sick. Just finishing reading about the pros and cons about perlite. You see I mix like 50% perlite with my pro-mix organic vegetable & herb mix that already have perlite.

So maybe why most of the time my pots were dry so often at the beginning and up to now. Too much drainage at once ? Maybe ? And also could it be my nuts had no time to be absorbed by the girls' roots ? Maybe.... Am i missing something here ?? Or getting close to an answer ?
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Howdy Farmbuck, I, personally, would shy away from ANYTHING that tried to absorb My nuts!!! LOL!!
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      LOLLLL good one DW2.

OMG now that's a funny one Hmmm interesting about the possible perlite being off balance.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I've always thought 30% perlite was the maximum until I started reading on the forum and alot of people are doing it 50% even in coco. This is the first time I've heard that there's a problem but it makes perfect sense that it would cause your water/ nutes to run right through. I've seen it happen with soil that was so dry it wouldn't soak up any water and it was running out the bottom so we thought it was wet and couldn't figure out what was happening until we decided to repot the plant and half the soil was dry. Good find , I'm adding some perlite after this round because I reuse my soil I wanted to add some perlite because it seems there's not as much in my soil as I like (didn't realize it wears out) and was trying to decide how much I would put and this finding of yours helps me to decide
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I guess we're gonna find out. I mixed a metric ass ton of perlite into my new soil mix....
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Well for me I think perlite is whats causing my PH issues. I did not have them before, and now every grow drops to near 4.0 PH about the time they flower. I have a pot of Greasy Grapes clones now in my organic soil now with no perlite. This is a test to prove to me that it is the perlite causing my issues.
          Another issue with perlite is the sharp edges kill the earth worms which are a major part of my living organic soil. And yes I have seen the 1 inch balls, I dont like them either.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X