Medical for your furry friend,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical for your furry friend,

I just heard it in the news, a bill is being proposed here in OK for your dogs Dr to prescribe medical MJ. No I am not kidding. There will be oils and eatables, but your dog is not going to be allowed to smoke it.
    Sounds like a way to make more money if you ask me. Whats your thoughts?

Ummmm kinda weird if you ask me. Like do they get to go to Medical dispensaries and pick out their own bud?
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Sounds good for me. Though I’m not living in the states.
      my previous dog, had cancer and I treated it with my own THC oil I made. Really high in thc. And it seemed like it helped a lot of pain for my dog. And the downside with it all was I was doing ilegal stuff. To treat my dog. I think when you’re vet can describe something legal? It’s better than the other ilegal way.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I fully believe dogs get the benefits like we do. Yes I think it's another way for them to make more money as well. Some dogs like the smoke but some you have to find other ways, usually just feeding straight buds for most. My dogs love the buds, trim, pieces of gummies they get from the Pan, pretty much anything they can eat. Matter of fact, I have a lot less going into the trash because they eat a lot of the plant matter. Luckily for me they leave my plants alone now. I think it's partly because they know they'll get in trouble, but mostly because they know I always defoliate and give them as many leaves as they can handle 😂 Anyway, the benefit for us is that we can make our own products for our pets for little or nothing out of pocket.

Comment

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          One of my 5 dogs licks the smoke as I blow it at him, it's funny as hell. They're picky sometimes about the leaves they eat. I've noticed they will eat leaves from plants in veg, but they prefer leaves from plants in flower. Most of them don't care for the smoke. I used to have a little miniature yorkie that loved to get high with me. I'd ask him if he wanted to get high and his ears would perk up and he'd look at me excited. I'd ask a second time and he'd take off up the stairs, open my bedroom door (it was broken so it didn't latch) and take his spot on the bed and wait for me. It was the cutest thing ever, made me laugh every time.

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          They are smart. Another smoke licker, hehe. I used to blow shotguns in my cat's ear years ago, how did you share with your Yorkie?

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          I mostly blew it in his ear, but sometimes he liked the smoke instead.

CaptainWiese91 For medical purpose I believe in it but I also believe in the right to make your own. You sound like a great dog owner I feel like the unfortunate part is what you did was considered illegal.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think if you can buy it, you can also make your own of course.
          Yes I like animals more than I like humans, it’s not a secret

I bought some dispensary RSO with my medical card for my faltering 15 year old rescued pug, I had already wasted $ on the pet store hemp BS for pets that didn't affect him. I don't know if it helped but he slept more so at least he wasn't hurting then. He was old and losing weight, the vets kept blaming his age, I think he might have developed cancer. They can't live forever but if I see that THC or CBD is helping my pets I'm going to give it to them. My first Siamese cat proved it to me.
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

I did some research about cannabinoids and cats. CBD is ok for cats, but THC is toxic for them. My goodness, those dumb cats will get the defoliated leaves out of the garbage and then heave them on my good rug. No THC in the leaves, but now I know not to give my babies anything I've grown because it all has THC in it. I know there are strains available that say they are all CBD, but I don't want to experiment on the cats. Even a topical for cats is a no-go because they groom. I thought perhaps I could make my 11-year old kittehs more comfortable - both rescues, each with their own old-age miseries. I'm not comfortable accepting the actual THC/CBD level in any strain I grow for me to use on the cats. That's just me. If one of my babies exhibited a specific ailment I knew CBD would help, I would get some from the dispensary post-haste.

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I bought a 1:1 and put the teeniest dot on a piece of kibble then rubbed two pieces together so that was two days' doses. He had no movement, potty or behavior issues, he was "blind but not", played with my young pug, socialized with company but he acted like he was hurting at times and really slowed down. I tried pet "cbd" first. Cat-wise: my first Siamese cried for a hit when friends were here standing around smoking bowls; she came to me when I was alone smoking bats. I started giving her shotguns in her ear, she settled down, stopped crying. She ended up having hyperparathyroidism, it might have slowed things down, chilled her out. She asked for it, I'd share my last bat with her because I saw that it helped her. I dunno. My young rescued Siamese steals leaves, he wants the stems and sticks to bat around. He'd rather eat my dill weed.

According to the dude that has this bill proposed, he is seeing a lot of pets that have been medicated to much (or at least thats what I take from his comments). And this is his way of getting the correct dosage for said pet, which would be the only issue with making your own here, this could be another step forward!

Also good to know things like cats have issues with THC!

Comment

I heard about it too, and I think it makes sense... CBD should be good for pets too I think. Though I have never tried it, we only get some supplies and meds for our puppies from Pet Pharmacy online. Maybe you will find something interesting to you there too, have a look, by the way!
            Last edited by poeras; 04-30-2021, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Use caution. I have a friend who had a great dane. Got into some extract leftovers and ate it. Had a neurological reaction that resembled a stroke. Had to carry him to the vet on a stretcher. Vet said dogs can not handle THC.
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                My pugs have Zero interest in the plants, pugs honestly are known to be smart dogs, an old breed. A vet on Fckbook posted once that pugs can count, I can verify. This cat steals clones out of glasses for the stems, he likes to play with the sticks. But he would pick and choose fan leaves out of the container I used while defoliating. My first Siamese girl cat cried for 'medicine' and then was chill, awake/active/alert but apparently feeling better. And I'm glad for the several times I shared my last hitter with her, in a drought, after learning what she had going on inside.

My dog gets 2 CBD biscuits every day. My wife sells CBD products so it makes it affordable for us.
              I would give my dog my last bowl if I knew it would help him if he was ill.
              2X4X6 Quictent
              1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
              600w LED (80)
              1000w LED (180)
              2 X Viparspectra P-1000
              2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
              6" battery/usb fans
              Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
              GH trio with Calimagic
              Lung room humidifier
              3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
              ArmorSi, kelp when needed
              Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
              Northern Lights auto
              (Seedsman)
              auto 00 Kush
              (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
              2x Northern lights auto
              1 auto 00 Kush
              1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
              Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

My thoughts are that this is an extension of the war on pain patients, stop opiates for pets too, whenever possible. I'm so happy after my then 1 yr old pug was almost killed by my former vet clinic that he was given a Fentanyl patch 4 mcg, Codeine and NSAIDs after a 3 hour emergency surgery to fix him, save him. He spent 10 days in the ER vet ICU. Vets check the Rx drug monitoring system database for the owners. If they think the owner might use the meds, like Tramadol for example, they won't give the pet what they otherwise would have prescribed for pain. I let the new vet know that even though I'm a pain patient I'm allergic to Tramadol so that I can have some here for the pugs, for emergencies. It's a cruel, messed up healthcare world out there and it's not going to get better any time soon.

Comment

Pretty interesting. Our neighbor has a dog with arthritis and he also gives her cbd. As I know nowadays you can buy such products via internet without any problems. I also highy recommend to pay attention on dog food and quality of water. In my opinion it is very important for health! Nowadays you can find a lot of variants of different types and brands of dog food. I recommend to choose from proven premium brands, usually they provide high quality food. I recently read this article https://bestdogfood.expert/dog-food-...ds-is-growing/ and I decided to start cooking for my dog by myself. If you have time for this, I think it will be the best decision!
                  Last edited by Morrizons; 05-30-2021, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Puglover1
                    Puglover1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    With my first, inherited, pug pup I fed him Purina and whatever store brand treats but he got bottled water. I'm on pugs #5 and 6 now, gave filtered water, fed them high quality, expensive grain-free kibble, they're both on prescription food now for different kinds of urinary tract stones. Only pugs I had live past age 6, so far, were rescued seniors.

This thread made me giggle. Brother had a black lab a decade ago. Back when I was smokin cigarettes and weed.

The dog was very interested in smelling the various containers with weed in them when I offered them to her.

Had a pack of smokes out in the backyard with a few roaches in it.

Anyway, they took her to get her nails trimmed and groomed. Groomers were commenting on how relaxed and gentle she was.

Then I went out in the backyard and found out why. Torn up ciggie pack, no roaches to be seen.

She got jacked up.

From that point on, when I offered the containers for her to smell, she put her head down and sideways and was no longer interested.

Dang I miss Abby....she was a fun creature.

Also was a siamese kitty that used to come outside and sit in my car while I was hotboxing. He took off when he got loaded and went and did cat things.

Dogs and cats both have cannabis receptors. Probably from evolving with us over many many moons.
                  Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

Son of Sam Click image for larger version

Name:	SamJoint.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	517803 The lit joint went out but he was liking the aromas

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X