Newbie - budding question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie - budding question

I'm a newbie grower. This is my very first plant. Growing a auto Zkittlez in my window. Not ready to invest in a grow tent or anything fancy at this time. My plant will bud soon. Is the weight of the buds going to be too much for the little plant? It's about 14" tall right now. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

I dont think you'll have too many issues with bud weight if your just growing in a window. Your not gonna have monster buds without high powered lighting.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• jamesphoto
      jamesphoto commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet. Thanks for your answer - I didn't know. I'm pretty proud of my one lonely girl and don't want to f... It up. Nice looking HD scooter you have a well! Ride safe!

Cute little houseplant i agree you won't have to worry
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Budding has begun. It appears the stem will be able to support the added weight. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesphoto View Post
        I'm a newbie grower. This is my very first plant. Growing a auto Zkittlez in my window. Not ready to invest in a grow tent or anything fancy at this time. My plant will bud soon. Is the weight of the buds going to be too much for the little plant? It's about 14" tall right now. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
        Not too shabby for a window grow!! They look pretty good. If by chance they do get too heavy you can support the buds as they grow. Put some long stick in the soil or devise another method to support them as they grow if they do get too heavy.
        Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
        I like weed and science.

Comment

• jamesphoto
          jamesphoto commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome. A stick? Simple & EZ. Thank you!!!

• gbauto
          gbauto commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep.
          I just use some coated tomato stakes.

I'd also put that girl in the 'sunniest' spot you have.
          It will want more light.

• jamesphoto
          jamesphoto commented
          Editing a comment
          gbauto - thanks. Actually I moved the plant out of the window just to get a better photo of it

I like weed and science.

Comment

• jamesphoto
          jamesphoto commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. That was good information

jamesphoto. In answer to your question on the other thread, yes I use pipe cleaners for my training, to tie down and separate nodes and expose bud sites around the pot. But I only grow autos. Nothing big enough that requires staking.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Quirk, did you put all of the metal grommets and holes in your fabric pots? Looks neat and strong. Where did you get the grommets if you did them yourself? I am just poking a hole through the fabric now but I think it will eventually rip through. I like this idea.

• jamesphoto
          jamesphoto commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you very much. Read your post about the grommet kit as well. That is a great idea. I'm probably gonna copy both ideas from you if you don't mind!!!

I started with a blueberry auto under fluorescents lights 100 watts, your first grow will always be mediocre, that is how you learn. Some people are not cut out to grow some are, just be ready to invest when the time comes, nice plant by the way, and good luck!

Comment

JeffInCanada, I picked up the grommet kit at Harbor Freight Tools for $5. It's cheap Chinese, but stainless and functional.
          Same kit on Amazon was $16. These are 1/2 inch. diameter and very easy install, needing only a hammer.
          Great looking grow on your video.

Comment

Originally posted by quirk View Post
            JeffInCanada, I picked up the grommet kit at Harbor Freight Tools for $5. It's cheap Chinese, but stainless and functional.
            Same kit on Amazon was $16. These are 1/2 inch. diameter and very easy install, needing only a hammer.
            Great looking grow on your video.
            Thanks! Great idea!! I am going to order that kit very soon.
            If you mean the staking video I posted above, it is a great looking grow. I wish that was my grow. It is not my grow, just a video from the internet.
            I like weed and science.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X