Seedling dying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Seedling dying?

Hi guys, I have another problem now. One of my 5 days old GG#4 is kinda dying on me... started yesterday and it is getting worse by the hour... the thing is, it's one of two seedlings and the other one is healthy. I feed both the same way. Check for yourselves please guys. What do you think it may be? Thank you buds 👊

EDIT: I just realised that the tap root was coming out of a draining hole and because I didn't water enough to have a runooof, probably the root began to dry. Tomorrow I'm transplanting that one and the healthy one to a bigger pot, since the roots of the healthy one are showing now too... any suggestions please guys?
    Last edited by ADSL; 01-30-2021, 01:02 PM.

The soil looks really wet. Maybe over watered. Pretty easy to do with small seedlings.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Do you have drainage in the pot ?
      and when you say I feed them the same ? Does that mean you hear giving them nutrients ? Is it soil or coco ? Can’t really tell
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Sorry for not being so specific as I should. I'm growing in coco with canna nutes and feed them about 0.2 cal mag, 0.5 A +0.5 B, and 2ml rhizotonic. EC 05 and ph 5.7. RH 60% and 25°celcius in grow tent.
        There's another thing, I haven't started feeding it enough to have a decent runoff... could it be thirsty? Thanks bro.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Never used coco. So I can’t help you. But there is some coco growers in here, they should be more able to answer correctly. Sorry

No worries captain, I appreciate your help anyway 😉 thanks man👊

Comment

It could be plreef but on those pics I had just watered them enough to have a runoff for the first time. I hope I didn't fuckn kill them man...

Comment

• Sylvester
            Sylvester commented
            Editing a comment
            No, you havn't killed them imo.

They don't look bad , they aren't dying imo. Only 5days old.. Never done coco either, just soil.
          I see water on the pot, hope you don't spray them when light is on - those leaf ends could be a result of nutrient spray burn, even water on leaves under lights can burn.
          At this stage they look fragile, colour is good, it's surprising what a seeding can take, they will fight to survive.
          Keep doing what your doing & monitor, don't over water like I did, almost lost 1 to dampening off, it survived propped up on icicle stick.
          Last edited by Sylvester; 01-31-2021, 04:15 AM.

Comment

ADSL i have been using coco for a couple of yrs. Personally i would back off with any nutes right now(tips on pic one looks kinda burnt). Just ph water..i try for 6-6.2 untill you get a couple sets of leaves. And as someone else mentioned..they look quite wet. you dont need to soak that whole pot, just a small area around the stem and you dont need runoff with seedlings either. Their not looking too bad..just give them a little less love haha. I would wait a bit before transplant..let them get roots established and a bit sturdier. Good luck
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

Thanks homegrown. Yeah, I did so buddy, I gave it pHed water with no nutes for a couple if days and it got way better. It seems that the yellowing stopped spreading and now I'm just waiting for it to fall off. Even the green looks darker so I suppose it's on its way to getting healthy again.
              Now, I wish I read your reply before bro, I just transplanted them yesterday, but not all. Only the ones that looked healthy and, tbh, they're actually thriving 😯 never got droopy and never stopped growing and their colors are better even. It's like they actually needed it but I call it luck. Apparently it could have gone bad, right? Transplanting them too soon, I mean. And I did buffer the coco with silicon, cal mag, rhizotonic and cannazym.
              My only concern about leaving them in the little pots was because their roots started to go through the drain holes, which, after some study, I realised it was normal but I had transplanted them already. Hopefully every one of them will be okay. Bear in mind, this is my first grow so I know I will fail along the way. Good thing that I can count on you expert growers to give some help when needed 😉 thanks man.
              PS- may I ask you a couple of questions when I'm in need? Just because you seem to know what you're talking about and you grow in coco too and that's priceless to me.
              Thanks again brother👊

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X