Alcohol and bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Alcohol and bugs

This might be a dumb question. I can see tiny white bugs moving around on the soil, microscopic tiny. I only have 3x microscope and not sure exactly what they could be, i know i have a few gnats which im trying to get rid of. Not sure if they are the larvae or broad mites. I will go to the store tomorrow to find some spray, but was wondering if i could use whiskey for a temp fix? My rubbing alcohol is around 70% and i feel like that is too much. Any help would be appreciated, im still in the veg stage so i cant hurt any buds.

Let the soil/media dry up, put sand or DE over the soil (maybe bottom water to keep that dry), add fans, reduce RH, add yellow sticky traps (make or buy), and so on.
    The whiskey is safe enuf, as is the ISO, I use 91% 50/50 with water, one could cut that to 25/75.

I did this, without any plants in the house, the doors open, I pulled the dryer vent loose and put a pillow case on the end. Then ran the dryer with a bounce sheet in it and let the discharge go all through the house (multiply times drying laundry). Last inside grow I was absolutely eaten up with bugs, gave up and sat them outside (where the ladybugs jumped on them and in 2 days they were better). This indoor grow, not a (knock on wood) damn bug in site! I read somedamnwhere that bounce sheets have something very similar to citronella. IDK just how safe or unsafe this may be, but it is nice to not have to fight for my buds.

Comment

Im using the yellow sticky for now and its catching those lil guys, i dont see any problems with the grow. One of my clones is doing a weird curling of top leaves but i dont see any bugs or silky stuff or shine from my eyes. Ill send pics when i turn the lights back on. Id rather be safe than sorry as i cant have this grow go south. Got too much invested now to give up

Comment

twisted leaves and visible bugs are signs of root aphids.You need to examine bug to determine what it is. Most aphid and gnat control will not work on root aphids.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          I second dan. Sounds like root aphids. In my experience harder to control than mites.

Click image for larger version

Name:	94A2BD13-ED4C-4109-9908-CE6781BFB766.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	486489Click image for larger version

Name:	6A0FECBD-9D26-4053-9D28-B677D0D943AA.jpeg
Views:	156
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	486488
        Attached Files

Comment

This is the only clone thats doing this. Might just be stress

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X