Timer failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timer failed

Ok not sure what to do now. Babies are three weeks old and 2 weeks old.
    my digital timer messed up now lights were on off on off. I have things fixed I hope but can I just put the back on 18 hrs ?
    5x5 tent
    2000 watt Aglex cob series
    Mars SP250
    Six inch carbon filter
    Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Shouldnt hurt a thing, good luck

Comment

Yeah you should be fine

Comment

Easiest fix, leave the lights on 24x7 until you get a new timer. I recommend a analog, I ditched digital timers a long time ago Bc they eventually mess up

Comment

Wtf!!! I’m going through timer issue now lmao it won’t turn on but always turns off ???? Anyway have a new analog one on order. For now I just have to go in there to tell it to turn on...slightly annoying. Bboy I’m. Ditching my digital timer also because the analog ones I have from wayback still doing the job although Their for my t5s mostly. It’s legal to grow where I am so I’m actually thinking of getting a whole panel installed and getting one of those control boxes.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            A lot of people like the digital ones but I’ve had issues with them running our Christmas lights or lamps inside the house so no way they’re going to be allowed to screw up my grow lol I’m still using the first analog timer I ever bought for my lights, it’s over 15yrs old now and still works

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Why not just unplug it from the timer and plug it directly into the surge protector? For seedlings you don't really have to have dark.

• Wolfe0420
            Wolfe0420 commented
            Editing a comment
            My plants are in full on bud now for a few weeks. I have a Siemens surge protectors on my main panel. It’s a long distance still from breakers. I eventually want to add another light to my tent and ramp things up. So a 220/240 breaker would drop my amp usage a lot and allow 2 HPS lights to run plus the extra equipment. Since I’ll have my own breaker in the grow area I thought about adding a multi station panel that can control basically the whole grow lights fans and water pumps. I plan on implanting a drip feeding system, I have 4 plants and water them all individually but eventually I want to have 8-10 plants and hand watering all those individually...ain’t nobody got time for that.

This is so true i had a digital thought it would make it easier for me, it failed i now use my analog got 2 now.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

It seems the problem with the digital timer is if there's a blip in the power the light goes out but it won't come back on again with the analog it comes back on again. Wow these were supposed to be good timers too
            Attached Files
            5x5 tent
            Mars SP250
            Six inch carbon filter
            Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey those look really good Nute they won't miss a beat. Friggin technology mother nature will kick it's ass any day of the week.

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got one of the Kasa smart power strips. I forget who else said they use them, but after looking into it I decided to get one. I'm so glad I did. It links to your Wi-Fi and you can control it from your phone. I put it in my big tent because you can also monitor power draw from each socket, set a schedule for each, or turn them off if they're not being used. I have had the breaker trip and it came back on without skipping a beat because it goes off your internet time. It's a little pricey but I would say it was worth it.

• QueenofOG
              QueenofOG commented
              Editing a comment
              dphipps1020 I ended up ordering this smart power strip just now... thank you for putting the suggestion out here!

I ordered a smart powerbar,. Figured out what the problem was. It had a random button. Didn't realize it randomly turns on and off. Ugh 😣😩
            5x5 tent
            Mars SP250
            Six inch carbon filter

Comment

• Wolfe0420
              Wolfe0420 commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s pretty random!

Just when you think everything is coming along swimmingly, your light timer fails . I went out last nite at 7pm, just after they were programmed to turn on, to check up and no lights. Messed with it for a bit to no avail. So I plugged the lights direct to a socket, then took it inside and plugged a lamp into it with both a new setting and on manual but it's toast. It's an older mechanical that I got from someone a long time ago. I had originally bought a digital BN Link from big A before I planted and it was a piece of S***. Way to complicated programming for me to trust. Yeah, I never did figure out the VHS thing either. To Amazon's credit I got my money refunded and they said don't bother to send it back. Kinda makes you wonder there.

Whoa, stop the train! The lamp just turned on! So I looks at it and and maybe I messed up am and pm when I was fiddling with it last night, I dunno. Anyway I'm going to order a new mechanical one to be sure. The lamp just turned off now 1/2 hour later as it's supposed to. I always check the girls at lights on and off anyway so I'll just turn the power strip on and of at schedule time until the new one arrives. I'll set several on and off times during the day on this one just to check it out. It's old so there might be some corrosion on the contacts. It was used for growing several years ago too. If you don't stay ON TOP of things, you will end up at THE BOTTOM!
            Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
            Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
            Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
            Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
            Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
            i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
            My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
            make pH correction unnecessary
            Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
            8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
            Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
            Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X