Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice: Glass syringe, filter, etc for vape oil, can't tolerate etoh tincture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice: Glass syringe, filter, etc for vape oil, can't tolerate etoh tincture

Last week I made a QWET w/dried then frozen uncured popcorn/trim and 190. Small test batch, came out nice. Couple of nights later I put some tincture in yogurt w/granola - my pancreas can't handle the etoh. I used to drink Green Chartreusse straight up. I think I got most of the alcohol out. I've vaped most of it, put some on store bought gummy candies for edibles. I can't afford an extractor. I'm not handy enough to build a contraption though it'd be nice to conserve the etoh. I've had to resort to learning how to use those stupid 'plastic sling' hand rolling machines, always hated them, I used to roll excellent joints. Going to check with a friend's son who has a friend with a press but What is the best glass syringe and what filters (links?) do I need if I'm going to be making my own vape oil and cartridges? What size blunt tips do you buy? I really planned on vaping most of this grow, and edibles with the lower half.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

You already saw my vape juice post, but the links I used are on there. I have an old Kangertech vape mod that I use and it works great for this. I've found I have to play with the temperature a little because I have to use a lower setting than normal, but otherwise it's pretty good.
    So I have been trying to quit smoking cigarettes and trying to switch to vaping instead. I decided a while back that I wanted to make some THC vape juice to mix in. Anyway, I finally made some. The first batch I made wasn't very much but it was darker than what's pictured. Went and got more supplies and made another batch that

Comment

Vape parts mart sells glass syringes amd ccell cartridges. Then hit up true terpenes and get some viscosity...name is stupid it actually makes the oil thin out a bit like vape juice. You can also buy terps if you want flavor.. Reduce your qwet till its hard like shatter. I like to give it a partial decarb after that so it doesn't sugar up in the carts. I don't have a hotplate so I use a microwave to heat up decarbed oil and I then add viscosity and terps. I use 5% viscosity and 5% terps. While oil is hot I suck up in syringe and fill my carts.
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        Also make sure material bone dry and it will reduce how much chlorophyll gets in. When you get a thick oil spread it out thin on a silicone mat and air dry it till it shatters up. When you try to collect it and it shatters in tiny pieces I get a plate from the kitchen and microwave it for a bit. I put the mat on the plate and scrape my oil off.

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cloud - I'll look at the syringes, and see what size filters to use. I get more than one use out of my plastic syringes but I've been meaning to buy the glass. Once I get it right I'll buy my own ccell carts. I was buying dispensary shatter and converting it to make two carts for half the price. I use pyur thinner, takes very little so not much lowering of potency percent and no vg, pg, etc. I bought mass terpenes first but ended up buying another one off Amazon with all organics - no vg, pg, peg or MCT. I tried a microwave once but ended up going to the oven, I have small Pyrex jars I use to mix, stir and decarb. I did this first small trial with my weakest weed using Nebula's QWET method, turned out well. I couldn't see any more EC evaporating in the pan, I felt safe to just vape it, there is no sugaring. But I was wondering - if I were going to put the oil in jars in the oven at the end to check for THC-A bubbles/decarb and/or lose any leftover EC does decarbing the bud before wash matter, or could I just decarb it in the jars in the oven at the end? Not sure if that would affect the trichomes I'd capture in the wash? Or if it would release more chlorophyll? After decarb I lower oven temp to 170 before adding terps. I have a round silicone mat for baking, I thought about spreading out the oil to shatter. The 2nd wash in my photos sat and got greener, I would do two quick washes back-to-back with higher quality bud, then a third for edibles last. I already had thought out how I'd collect the shatter to put in the Pyrex jars to melt, and thin or terp, for vaping. The warm plate under the mat sounds like a good method. Thanks!

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        I use a buchner funnel with filter papers not a syringe filter amd yes you can decarb flower before making oil or after in oven. I mostly dab my oil so I rarely get to decarb first.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X