I'm photo should I convert to auto ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm photo should I convert to auto ?

I'm looking to balance my next grow with half & half but I'm not too knowledgeable when it come to autos. Grew just 2 strains (freebies) a couple of WW and NL. Is Fast Bud a good place to look at ?

The reason is simple: I like growing dominant Sativa girls but it takes forever..! So mixing the two will be great, harvesting the autos while the sativa are still growing non I'm looking for a good yielder and high in THC auto. I'm open to any suggestions.

Cheers,

FarmBuck

Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Here are a couple hand-fulls of good auto breeders.
    I have not grown Autos along side Photos but if you start the autos 1st and then throw in some photos when the autos are well into flower the light schedule should work for both.
    My best yielder with real high THC has been a Bruce Banger auto(very powerful) from Seedsman and several Mephisto strains like 3BearOG, Walter White (both strong and good yields), and Berry Bomb (high yielder)from Bomb seeds.

GL .

Auto Seeds
    Bomb Seeds
    Dutch Passion
    Fast Buds
    Humboldt Seed Organization
    Mephisto Genetics
    Night Owl Seeds
    RocBudInc Genetics
    Seed Stockers
    Short Stuff Seed
    Super Sativa Seed Club
    Sweet Seeds
    Zamnesia
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 01-26-2021, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Timing is the most important when i do this. Once again i misjudged this grow of mine with timing autos and switching to 12/12 on the photos. My autos are only 3wks into flower i slowed them down prior to the flip so they are going to yield less. Yep these photos are not for the impatient new growers. Autos less than 90days to harvest most i grow, but you sativa lovers i think could go weeks longer. I like Barney's
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal So let say I decide with the half & half. Should I start the autos like 6wks before seedling the photos ? Most of my sativa are 11-14wks in flowering. I even have indicas that went more than 9wks lolll

They say 20/4 is better for autos when it comes to yield. Is it true ?
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I've never done that 20/4 just 18/6. I would do the autos 6wks prior to photos. And even stagger those autos like Canuck147 does i think he's way more experienced than me. If you started that photo seed then waited 2 months doing veg at 18/6. When it's done well ( not in my current run LOL ) it's great use of lighting while still focusing on the photos. use 2gal or so for the pot size, mine did not like these small containers plants were more sativa dom on these autos i think and did not like the tight space, me thinks?

I like growing autos when there’s room in my veg tent. That way I can grow them while vegging my photos. They’re basically a side grow lol nothing I really care about. Although I’ve had a few surprise me, I not very fond on the pesky little things

Comment

I switched to autos because they are easier for me. I use to keep mothers, clone, veg and then flower. Lots of pluses to doing it that way, and I think (My observation only) they produce better. But it takes room and I have a very limited amount. With Autos, I can easily use my existing space with less work. I run my autos at 23/1 I time the one for photo graphs and maintenance , so I do not stare at the leds longer then needed.
        If I ever get more room, will switch back to photo's, I love the consistency (Easier to do sea of green)
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

All I’ve done is autos and I’m looking to switch to photos for my next grow. I hadn’t thought about having both grow at the same time.
          There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
          1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
          2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
          3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Crop King Seeds out of Vancouver have good quality seeds - i have a Bruce Banner growing as well as 2 Girl Scout Cookies - seed producers says BB will be 23 - 28% THC - GSC 23% THC.

I ordered in November and got delivery in 48 hours
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

[QUOTE=JohnEmad;n485339]Here are a couple hand-fulls of good auto breeders.
              I have not grown Autos along side Photos but if you start the autos 1st and then throw in some photos when the autos are well into flower the light schedule should work for both.
              My best yielder with real high THC has been a Bruce Banger auto(very powerful) from Seedsman and several Mephisto strains like 3BearOG, Walter White (both strong and good yields), and Berry Bomb (high yielder)from Bomb seeds.

Hello. To be honest, I'm not very good at photography either, especially at editing them. It's interesting, but I have absolutely no time to study this craft. But when I need to get high-quality images, I turn Depositphotos and download twerk vector graphics at a good price. Therefore, I advise you to visit this online service and choose suitable photographic materials from many others.​
              Last edited by AnnaFrost; 09-20-2023, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                You relatated to Sandy LOL

[QUOTE=AnnaFrost;n605215]
              Originally posted by JohnEmad View Post
              Here are a couple hand-fulls of good auto breeders.

Thanks a lot
              Quote the old post
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

This guy has some bomb fems and autos.

(7) New Arrivals... they won't last long in my grow group on fb.. get some before they buy them all... | Bud Builders - Making Friends, Growing Cannabis

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X