PAR meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAR meter

Hello my friends, I was wondering if anybody out there, who lives near Orange County CA. has a PAR meter, and would be willing to come over and help me map out my tent. I don't have the $300 - $500+ to buy one at this time.

Depending what lights you are using (ie Blurple color lights), a PAR meter might not be any use. I personally don’t think a tent needs to be mapped out since it’s such a small space.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

I would say to compare the footprint of your tent with the par map shown on the advertising for your light to get an idea. Also, there is something on GWE about using a Lux meter (much cheaper) instead. It is a valid way of measuring light intensity except for blurples. At the end of the day, check your plants response. Lower the lights till there's some heat stress then back them off a few inches.

Comment

Check to see if there is any reef tank clubs in your area and contact them. Many have club par meters. Might be worth an email or two.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

There's some apps for your phone that turns your phone into a lux meter and it works good enough that you can find the height that allows your lights to spread to the edges. I sat my phone against the wall and started lowering my lights and watched for the light level to start dropping, move the phone to the next wall or corner and do it again. Mapping the light at different levels for optimal height. It's probably not the correct numbers but at least I know where my lights fade out on the edge and it's not where the manufacturer recommended distances
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          s silver haze... strawberry haze...
          .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
          TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
          3 gallon pots all autos
          Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
          👇my one n only journal👇
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

thanks for the responses my friends. I have seen the lux meters, and read that they can be useful, but the par meter is better. then you would know the optimum distance for vegging & flowering.
            i am currently moving the lifgt up and down little by little, trying to find the sweet spot, that the girl love.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X