Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broad mites ?

Hi all

Can anyone confirm if this is broad mite damage ? I have been getting rid of a thrips infestation so plants have been sprayed once or twice a week with neem oil and pyrethrum for about a month .

As there anything else this might be ?

TIA

Sorry buddy, looks like mites to me....The yellow spotting is a clear indication for spider mites. Not a big drama though as it looks like your still in veg phase. Remove ALL infested leaves first then treat again with pyrethrum if thats your chosen method. Just keep in mind its a contact insecticide, killing only what it comes into contact with, so you have to treat both sides of all leaves plus a light misting of the medium surface. I suggest to remove your plants from the grow room, spray them in your bathtub and give your tent a proper clean with a disinfectant. I personally spray all the edges and corners of my tent with the insecticide as the mites can possibly hide there.
    A few notes re pesticides(Although u might know all of that anyway): make sure u swith off all ur fans etc, wear a mask, wash your hands after and make sure ur pets are not around especially cats!!! Whatever spray u use ensure its suitable for edible crops and dont over apply. You can actually kill ur plant by using too much.

If all that is not doing the job write off the grow, bleach the tent multiple times and place it in a cold area for a few weeks (Mites hate the cold) and start again. Once they establish in your grow room they will always come back.....

Not the news u want to hear, i know.....

Comment

Hi Conanwarrior
      These plants are outside right? I'm up in the great white north and let me say that seeing plants growing outside in the sun looks so nice to me right now, twisted leaves or not. Even a bug would be a welcomed sight. From what I can see of the plants they look real good. I have 0 experience with broad mites but I think it may be tuff to say for sure if it is broad mites or not. I think that you've read the GWE broad mite page...I do not see any of the other symptoms other than the twisting. I have had twisting on the same bud site leaves and the plant turned out fine without any remedy. You've been spraying so I'd just keep an eye on if for a while or go slow and follow the recommendation on the GWE page if you do eventually think it is broad mites.
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

You can always get a 60x + microscope from amazon, check under the leaf and u know for sure. If its mites you know But from my experience definitely spider mites, those spots are very distinctive. Regardless if in or outdoors make sure u cover both sides of the leaf with contact insecticides. I dont recommend translocated/systemic as these stay within the plant forever. alternatively u can try to get ur hands on parasitic mites , we use them in commercial greenhouse settings but they also work outdoors for a limited time. Im UK so probably wont be able to help recomending a brand asuming that ur from across the ocean

anyway good luck

Comment

• Conanwarrior
          Conanwarrior commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks PaulV , I have already released some a couple of days (Montdorensis) and reading up on how long they last so thanks for the tip ! I will update if they do the job .

Honestly I don’t see any signs of mites?
        because the new grow is light green is what people may suggest mites ? Or the twisted new grow ?
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• lalaland
          lalaland commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m with you Captain and MeEasy. Don’t see anything that would make me think spider mites

I'm with captain I'm not seeing what you are talking about, all I see is some new growth that is a little lighter than everything else just like it's supposed to be
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys , pictures don't do justice for the problem ! Will try get better ones

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X