Mars hydro ts 1000 distance to plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mars hydro ts 1000 distance to plants

Hi fellas, it's me again. I feel like there's something new to me everyday!
    If you have a mars hydro ts 1000 dimmable, or if you don't but may know how it works, could you please tell me, what is the optimum distance to the plants, on each stage they're in? I thought I knew but my 5 day old seedling has stretched quite a bit because I read that someone use to leave his leds on 25% at 36" but I keep reading different opinions and, as usual, I don't really know what to go for... that was definetly too high in height and too low in brightness!
    Right now the lamp is at 24" on 50% capacity. I have 2 more that have popped today and don't want to have the same problem that the first one had.
    Thank you guys ๐Ÿ‘Š

I have a ts1000. Right now Iโ€™m about seven and a half weeks and been in flower about four weeks, height 18โ€@100%. This go I started out dimming mine but did a staggered start and had my light turned up to 100% by the time I started the last ones and had them maybe a little more than 24โ€@100%. You can start at maybe 30โ€@100% if youโ€™re uncomfortable starting lower and adjust according to stretch.

Comment

• Sylvester
      Sylvester commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi @Zena , seems we are at about same stage of flowering , with same light (I have 1/2 size Mars500 too)
      I also used dimmer @ start, had my TS1000 @ 90% until yesterday, thinking I should "save some" for buds coming!
      โ˜† On at 100% now - day 19 of 12/12. Probably 4weeks in flower & flourishing.
      Interesting reading your comment , I must check out your grow.
      I havn't learned how to do a grow diary here yet.

I have the Mars Hydro TS 1000 , bought the half size 500model first & that brought up seedlings , so now running both.
    Wish I had bought 2 of the 1000 instead , as they can be linked together - hindsight is a beautiful thing!
    Into week 3 of flower & I'm impressed with these lights. I let mine veg too long while preparing & have 1 tall Purple Trainwreck that's like the Jack & Beanstalk plant!
    For your seedlings 50% dimmer is fine , if 24" makes them stretch, take down half inch, & again if needed.. The ratchet lowers at 1/8th " a click.
    A good guide is cup hand over plant & if it feels too hot on the top of hand, it's too hot for plant. I know LEDs don't have half the heat of the hps 600w I once used, but they can be deceiving with the added UV & IR.
    You need to be careful with your 'babies' , I brought my first ones up under normal indoor bulb, once they got under my first Mars 500 they wanted to stretch.
    Its surprising how much a seedling can take , had 2 leggy ones that didn't think would make it, propped up on sticks - they soon recovered.

Comment

It's always good to have advice, but coming from the ones who know what they're talking about by experience is even better. Unfortunatelly I don't have much experience on growing, so I'm trying to learn by the errors/successes of others like you guys.
      Thanks Xena and Sylvester, my man, thanks again! I will keep in contact as I surely will have more questions in the near future ๐Ÿ˜…
      I'm loving this forum ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Š

Comment

• Sylvester
        Sylvester commented
        Editing a comment
        Your welcome ADSL ! We are all always learning more.
        This is a great place to get advice when concerned with questions. ๐Ÿ™‚
        I'm sure I will have another question sooner or later!

HI, ADSL

The magic number for light height above plants doesnโ€™t exist. Your plants tell you if the light is too high or too low, too bright or not bright enough. From looking at that pic, your plant is telling you she wants more...sheโ€™s reaching out to the light saying โ€œplease sir, can i have some more.โ€
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Thanks YY. It was a complete mistake having it at 36" on 25%, as suggested on some website, and on my lights booklet I think they vaguely say the distance but not the ammount of light, so I have to assume they mean 100% but it just seems too strong as they say 18" to 24" from the plant... but yeah, I'll have to understand her needs by "listening" at what she's saying to me. Trial and error, I guess, will let me find the optimum distance (and some good advice helps too tbh ๐Ÿ˜‰).

Thanks man ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Š

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          Part of learning is finding out what you know, and what you donโ€™t know. Now you know to listen to your plants. Seems trivially small to โ€œlearnโ€ something like that, but it all comes together when you finish your first couple of gardens. ๐Ÿ‘

I have the book too, and I agree it's not 100% clear. I assumed that the light distance they listed was for full power. I have my TS3000 about 24" at 100% and my seedlings love it. First grow with this light so I'm still trying to figure it out, but so far so good.
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow dphipps, 100%?? And they look quite healthy too... I might try getting it a higher intensity then, between 75 and 100 and see if mine react as good. My main concern is giving them too much light but yours seem good enough so I'll give it a go tomorrow. Thanks man ๐Ÿ‘Š

Comment

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Any time. I actually had the light a little closer and they were praying to the light. Once you hit the spot where they start praying, that's the sweet spot and you can adjust from there as they grow. I would start at about 24" at around 85-90%. If they don't respond to that, increase the intensity or drop the light. My measurement was a guess but I'll get a distance real quick. I had the light at just over 90% when I posted my last response, and turned it up while I was typing. I lied, light's at 28" above them.

Great advice from everyone, this is good for me to read too. Love the plants " praying" to the light dphipps1020 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™‚
          I started with dimmer @ 50% & worked up to 75% in first month, then to 85% for rest of veg. Many height adjustments needed since.
          I've had light at 90% these first 18days of flower. The 24hours dark before changing didn't do any harm, maybe boosted them more!
          Been saving a last 10% of light for the buds coming ! I felt they would need something extra?
          Since light is food , maybe my thinking is flawed? They are coming on fast, really happy with Mars Hydro lights.
          Time to go Full 100% me thinks..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X