Putting my buds into capsules.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting my buds into capsules.

I’m surprised wherever I mention putting my weed into capsules, it brings up so much interest. I would have thought more people using weed for medicinal reasons would have looked into this. There’s nothing fancy about it, although I find a course grind a little easier to get into the capsules the size I use..

I use size 0 (one zero) gelatin capsules with the “click” lids. The sound they make when the cap goes on securely. There are numerous size capsules to choose from. Size 0 is almost the length of a quarter. I specifically bought the Santa Cruz Shredder for its course grind to use in my Firefly 2+ And it also serves well for this size pill.

I knew digesting weed lasted much longer than smoking it and wanted to go a healthier route. But it also takes longer to kick in. So like with any new medication or dosage each must find out their tolerance. How far ahead do you need to take the next pill before the previous one wears off? How large a pill (strength) do you need? Each strain being different also effects this. With my favorite 1:1 ratio Pennywise I take it about 9:30pm and by 10:30 I’m feeling very relaxed and sleep well. Having chronic neck pain is miserable when laying down. This also makes the pain in these horribly sore lipomas I have fade away.

The capsules come shrink wrapped. I store them in an old protein shake powder container. I buy 1000 at a time now.

Size 0 gelatin capsules Here’s a sample pack of all sizes in vegan. Sample pack of all sizes in gelatin.
    Santa Cruz Shredder Large (coarse grind and rounded base for easy scooping capsule against)
    Infinity Jar Size 4
    Boveda 58% and 62% humidity packet

Click image for larger version

Name:	20124008-F6CD-43A6-A6EE-F3116831A44D.jpeg
Views:	327
Size:	574.8 KB
ID:	484959Click image for larger version

Name:	C6C66549-3F94-4347-9800-79B30119F5CA.jpeg
Views:	397
Size:	495.2 KB
ID:	484958

Name:	C77D8E4B-B17A-478C-809C-3778CE9CB64F.jpeg
Views:	346
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	484960
    Dang it! That was my last bud, I was hoping to make it to harvest/cure time but being my first grow I wasted a month trying to figure it all out.

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

These are fantastic!
    I’ve been taking/making capsules with heavy CBD strains myself.
    An older customer at my previous job got me onto them and it made a huge difference for managing my neck pain and even mental health (just always felt content).

I use 00guage (it’s all I can find locally)
    Usually take 1 to start the day and 2-3 before sleep, and I’m out like a light.

Side note: love the Santa Cruz Shredders, last grinder I’ll ever have to buy!

Comment

Do you Decarb the weed first?

Comment

I decarb mine, grind it in a mortar, then infuse in coconut oil for 3 hours at 220°F. Then I put about 1ml in a 00 cap. I use about 1 gram per 15ml of oil for myself, a bit less if I'm making for a friend the first time.

Depending on my day plan I take 2 in am 1 or 2 mid afternoon and 1 or 2 at supper. I try to take them with a meal to improve uptake.

I followed the GWE and Old Hippie tutorials the first couple times and tweaked them to taste.
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
        6" battery/usb fans
        Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
        ArmorSi, kelp when needed
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• MagicMike66
          MagicMike66 commented
          Editing a comment
          This is the method I want to try. Just need to get the syringe and kit. How heavy is that ratio you work on?

I have done this with decried, non decarbed and also with keif. My tolerance unfortunately is too high for them to be effective on me, but for a lower tolerance, this would be an ideal delivery method. The lady looked at me like a street junkie when I asked where the empty capsules were though. I was an inch from going off on the poor lady, don't judge me....

Comment

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          I must be a cheap date. My wife is the same as you, she can take all kinds of things that wipe me out. Coffee doesn’t effect her, while me one cup is like speed, giving me the shakes. I’ll take a IBU for a headache or my cannapill and be fine in no time while she just waits hours to feel the mildest of effects.

Can you put liquid in them or will they dissolve? I was thinking about doing this with either infused coconut oil, or 1-2 drops of RSO in each. I think it would make packing them easier than with dry herb.

Comment

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          In the past I’ve used a syringe without needle to put drops of RSO type products in them without any problems. Not much mind you because it was so potent. I still have some of those with harlequin and lemon haze. Always gelatin, I’ve never used the vegan version so don’t know how those do. You could try the sample pack to test.

If you want to get a buzz from eating weed....you need to decarboxylate the weed first. Have a read. https://hightimes.com/edibles/get-high-eating-raw-weed/
        Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
        I like weed and science.

Comment

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve been using these for months and I get a buzz similar to my Firefly only it takes much longer to get there. I am able to work a 40 hour week at the computer just fine. 3-4 a day. My current Pennywise is a 1:1 ratio at about 10% and I definitely feel it.
          I’m pleasantly surprised how well I sleep and food taste so much better so that’s classic Indica at work.
          I would like to blend it with a high CBD like Harlequin to see how it does. Muscle pain from bad neck fades away mostly.
          I’ll definitely read up on decarb. I’ve never heard of that.

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          I just finished the article. All I know is I get a real nice body buzz with this strain. I’m buzzing right now so I can’t tell you why. I’ve only used capsules on this strain. It’s completely different from the buzz I get when using the firefly. That hits fast but also wears off in a couple hours. With the capsules if I take them 6-8 hours a part the mellow buzz stays constant all day long.

I’ll have to try it with another strain to see what happens.

I just bought some off the Capsuline site. Pretty decent prices from what I see. Got 0 size package of 500 and a tray for about $25. Not bad though, you can get a pack of 1000 for about $15 after shipping.

Capsuline's capsules are made from 100% bovine hide gelatin, GMO-free, Not irradiated, BSE-free. Find a wide variety of empty gel pills online ¡Shop now!

Thanks for making this post. I'm always looking for new things to try with my trim and/or buds. Going to give this a shot with either infused vegetable glycerin or coconut oil I think.

Comment

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          I was eyeing their filler tray, then saw someone mention the capsules don’t sit down in it flush. I was hoping I could drag a card across it so weed could fall in the lower half. Then push the top on. I’m thinking a could make something out of hardwood that would work.

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess I'll find out if it was worth the extra money or not. I'll definitely let you know. The trays are probably designed specifically for their capsules, maybe that person had a different brand? Also, I emailed the company to find out if they make any that will hold liquid and I was told the vegan capsules will work. Can't wait to try them. Now I just have to figure out the liquid I want to use.

Here’s a photo someone posted.

Name:	BBF3EB5F-BE94-4BBA-B2E3-D0E174E62263.jpeg
Views:	332
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	485246

Equipment
        1st Grow
        Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

OK this might explain why my capsules were giving me a buzz with me not doing any decarb technique. My weed was a few years old by the end when I started putting it into the capsules last year. My son bought me an ounce and I was only using it (Firefly) for sleep. I finally ran out just weeks before my 1st harvest.

Did you know? Heat isn’t the only way decarboxylation happens. Even if you never heat your cannabis, the process of decarbing also occurs naturally over time at regular temperatures. So older cannabis is often already decarboxylated.
        If you're looking to make edibles/tinctures/cannabutter/etc., decarbing your weed is the first step! Come inside and we'll teach you what you need to know!

Equipment
        1st Grow

Comment

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          I noticed that mentioned in the curing GWE article, where good weed can be made worse by not curing properly and poor weed better with proper curing.

Cannatonic is one of my seeds from Pacific. I tried to buy all 5 listed in this article but couldn’t even the name Argyle anywhere.

A few years ago, it would have been difficult to find "50/50" flower. Here, we bring you the best 1:1 THC-to-CBD marijuana strains on the market.

• Floopydoop
          Floopydoop commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal last summer was so depressing. Still got a ton, but it could have been much better. Hoping the Antifa idiots don't burn down the west coast again this year. Fuckers. Stressed out my babies for 6 or more weeks with their bullshit Reichstag fires.

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          @Floopydoop
          How is everyone getting the @Name feature to work in Comments. It only seems to work for me out in the Reply entries.

Your patience awes me sir but how is your digestion affected I once made what I call a lazy bake cake just ground up some weed made sure every sliver of stem was removed and mixed the weed into the batter like chocolate chips I found one issue with this I woke up the next day with some righteous Hershey squirts I know the cake was fully cooked I tested a few days later on a day where my diet had been fairly bland again the next morning the same experience since then I avoid ingesting herb directly now I’m wondering if I’m just weed intolerant lol

Comment

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          Up until I ran out in Jan I was taking them at least once a day, 9pm, sometimes 9am. Never had any issues. Now that I have my first harvest curing I was going to see what new pot does for me. I probably won’t feel a thing since it’s all THCA. Although there are benefits for ingesting THCA and CBN.

I think I’ll also try to do the ground buds in the oven @250 for 30 minutes then into capsules to get the best CBD effect.

We've increased our use of the CBN flower, i like it more now in the blend with my heavy indicas. Grind up some cannatonic mix it with indica it's doing well for us.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I just tried my first decarb this weekend using a pint, wide mouth, mason jar.  I did both Harlequin (1:1 ratio, 7%) and Canna=Tsu (CBD 19%, no THC). Both store bought.

I hand ground some in my Santa Cruz shredder and threw a few mult-bud tops onto the grinds to test each under the same conditions.  Pre-heated to 250, placed jar at 250 for 35 minutes.  

I tested these in my gelatin capsules packed full and both gave me GREAT results?  The decarbed buds were ground and placed side by side with the pre-ground and they looked the same.  Maybe because there were only a few which allowed space all around.  No color difference, both appeared with an amber tint compared with the pale green of fresh ground.

I tried each separately then 50/50 blended some and that was even better! I’m anxious to try even more blends now.

One observation is that the blend felt very much like my “aged” Pennywise that apparently naturally decarbed over time.
          Last edited by MrPNW; 03-22-2021, 01:35 AM.

Man that's great news MrPNW even if i have to go just for the CBD strains at dispensary i OK with it for now till i get a clone or seed of either. For now it's not to much per gram.

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m not really sure what the store bought harlequin was a 1:1 ratio because that’s normally the high CBD low THC strain I get. So I grabbed the Canna-Tsu. I just picked up seeds for harlequin and Cannatonic from Pacific Seed Bank. They probably have canna-tsu but I wasn’t aware of that strain prior to purchase.

That's what i been smoking the Cannatonic and Harequin which ever they have of either. Mostly it's been the cannatonic so far is very good with my mix. I'm gonna check out that strain now. So glad you found a good mix.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X