Do over....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do over....

After saving the 2 unaffected plants and harvesting them. I chopped the last 4 down and tossed them in the fire pit. God damn spider mites. Its been a losing battle. All my plants were in late flower. Just wasn't worth the fight. I decided to empty the tent, clean and disinfect, hang a no pest strip. Im gonna give it a few weeks before I start to germinate any new seeds. Bummer because I just got my new light. Soo ill just have to break it in on the new grow. Little frustrated right now but it is what it is.
    On the bright side the two that I harvested smell absolutely amazing . Sweet and fruity.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

You are going to love that light.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Already do. Pretty sure I could get a tan under that light. Is the controller worth it in your opinion? Considering picking it up.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      The controller is awesome for automation. I did have different problems with it the first run and returned the first unit to the grow shop for replacement, Im hopeful it was just a bad unit but the warranty is 3 years if not.

I'm feeling like the stepchild lol PLreef which light did you pickup?
    I have to say that is a very beautiful bud. Is it blue dream? If not what is it?
    I'm a little behind on the neighborhood news because I've been in and out due to illness 🙃
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      How you been feeling buddy?
      I picked up the ROI e680. Been drooling over this light for a while now. The two buds I posted are dark devil and bloody skunk. Can't wait till their dry and cured. Gonna have to sample a bit tonight though. You know..... for science.... 😆

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah I remember now that's a bad ass light. I was obviously on the good stuff, and wasn't even shopping for a light, but spider farmer emailed the ad for the new light sf7000 and was on here talking to someone about it and I guess I ordered it. It was the first night after I had surgery 2 am, oh well I guess it's time to expand my operation lol. I got some purple skunk in my last seed order that's why I asked about your bud it's a beautiful bud man. I start the treatments on the 2nd they're using BCG this time because the chemo didn't work. It's an older drug I guess but it's something like 80% effective. We'll see 👀

Hey man sounds like its been emotional but at least you got some good looking smoke there. I havnt encountered spider mites yet its bound to happen at some point im not looking forward to it.

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Not fun man. I was pretty pissed off last night and coming home today for the first time to an empty tent wasn't so fun either.... But I'll take to good with the bad and chalk this up to a learning experience.

Nice time to plan the next grow.....whatcha going to grow?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      This gives me some time to organize and get set up properly for my next grow. I have NL auto and green crack auto lined up. Both are from Seedsman.

I'm glad you did not spray them with Neem like I did with my Thai Chi, I almost end up to the hospital because of it lolll At the end I had to throw it away my Thai Chi.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly that's one reason I didn't want to spray anything on them. Not worth getting sick over some bud.

If your doing living soils? Consider beneficial insects when you start your next grow. I would add them if not in veg stage at least right when you flip to flower so you know you will have a strong line of defense during the flowering period.

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      I am growing in living soil. Any recommendations on insects or where to get them online? I read into it a while back but I really have no clue about them.

Natural Guard Insecticidal Soap in the quart spray bottle. Make sure to wet underside as well as top of foliage. No more mites.
    I don't go into my vegetable garden without it. It's called natural for a reason.

Comment

PLreef , Arbico organics is a good source of beneficial insects. I used them for some nematodes to rid my veggie garden of some soil termites. They have a great selection.

Comment

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man. I'll check them out. I appreciate you.

Arbico Organics is a good one. I usually google insectary near me and check out the local ones. You can always call and speak to them and they will advice you according to your location as far as weather conditions and the pest you are dealing with. Usually having Cucumeris as an all general predator is a good choice and a cheap one. I also seem to have Rove Beetles not sure how those got here but I’m glad they are here because those are pricey, anyways those are good as well. Build a healthy living soil and they will come. I learned from the “Bug Lady” on YouTube at KISOrganics podcast with Tad Hussey. She explains a lot highly recommend it to all GWE Forum..
      Last edited by Cali; 01-25-2021, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Just got off the phone with Arbico Organics. Those guys are awesome! Spent around 25 minutes with me explaining everything I end to know about predatory insects. He suggested I order N. fallacis and to release them once my new plants are around 10" tall and possibly follow up with another round a few weeks if the numbers keep up.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X