Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Bang Auto is it harvest ready?

Hello growers,

How far do you think this crop from harvest?

This is Big bang auto from GHSeeds growing outdoor and is at week-6 of flowering. The pictures show the main cola and the trichomes, these are the best images I could get.

My aim is to get the maximum yield without getting stoned or couch lock effect.

Every photo is showing 15+% ambers. Have you started or plan to flush? They look damn good and so close to perfect ripe for my head. Not a dick question but are the pics of your most mature cola or an average representation? Your smaller buds may look different. Nice job!
    Old school outdoor renegade finally indoors and legit.
    5x5 DIY flower room with 3 nets. 600w Hid mars hydro 600(100w) and Chinese led (150w actual).. Promix C coco mix +20% course perlite. General hydro nutes at slightly under full dose+ cal mag and molasses every other water.
    wishing you peace on your particular path....

Comment

• Pot4peace
      Pot4peace commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

I've started the flush last Sunday, the pictures are from top buds and they look better than the pictures under a magnifying glass. Planning to harvest after two days.

Alot of your pics are of leaves, you have to look at bud parts because leaves are liars. The last one looked like a calyx and I don't see the ambers on that one like the leaves have
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Pot4peace
      Pot4peace commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you,

I also had the doubt since older trichimes show amber to orange but the top most calyx also show some amber trichimes under magnifying glass. The flowers are one week more than the seed company recommendation.

I could not capture the best pictures due to lighting problems. Planning to harvest in another two days or when my pot is completely dry.

I'd wait but, you don't want to get stoned?
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Harvest it now if you don't want to get couch lock. Take the ripest colas leave the rest to ripen further. Don't always have to chop down the whole plant if the light not getting to lower half. If your days are still warm enough take the top colas

After mixed opinions I took a close look at the main cola and took pictures of the trichomes of calyx all over the plant. They mostly look cloudy and very little to none of amber.

The leaves and older buds have amber but none on the newer buds. Also noticed that new leaves are growing out of buds, does this mean she is still growing? If so, how long do I need to wait now? Suggestions please.

Wanted to share the video file but no luck. Tried some better pictures of all over the plan and mostly calyx like MeEasy said 'leaves are liars'.

Now that I had flused the plant last Sunday, do I resume feeding her? Any suggestions on this too?

P.S: How can i upload video file and what are supported formats?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pot4peace; 01-23-2021, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Well...not sure what you mean when you say you “don’t want to get stoned”...kinda defeats the purpose of growing a THC plant vs a CBD plant.🤷‍♂️

anyways...to me it looks like everything is milky and getting plenty of ambers. If it was my plant i would be looking to harvest anytime now.

**edit** this forum doesn’t allow video uploads
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Pot4peace
        Pot4peace commented
        Editing a comment
        Pardon my choise of words, I am looking for energetic high and to avoid getting couch locked and hunger cravings.

And that is why I do not want amber trichomes to flood and any THC to degrade. The amber on the leaves scared me to start the flush,, which worked in my favour.

Today I did plain water at ph 6.2 for 20% run offand and will harvest in 3 days from now.

Thank you all, will update the thread on harvest and after drying. Hope my first harvest will be satisfactory, keeping my fingers crossed🤞

HARVEST:

Today I took down my soil grown outdoor autoflower, the Big Bang Auto by Green House Seed company.

This is my first grow and harvest and I'm really excited!! Thanks to all the members for their honest and helpful suggestions.

I'm very happy with the end result, though it's a small plant and did you have the right outdoor season to grow. The stem, roots and overall hight is small and that's not with the plant but the grower.

Have done wet trim just to take off leaves that we're more visible. Then cut the whole plant and hanger drying in closet. I do not have a seperate space to dry so I had to use my wardrobe where I have my clothes👚👖. Not the best thing to do but that is what I have now.

Plan is to keep the door closed in the day and keep it open during nights. Just praying of no molds or pests to attack this very vulnerable setup. The smell for a plant of this size is unbelievable, even when the closest is closed I can still smell it feets away.

Thanks to all the comments and suggestions.

Please stop by and comment on the harvest pictures. And suggestions or feedback will be highly appreciated. I have not weighed the harvest, but the main cola looks really big. Any guess on what the dry weight would be?

Peace ✌
      -pot4peace
      ​​​​​​
      Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations on your first harvest!

Comment

Enjoy your first harvest. Big Bang is a great smoke.
          There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
          1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
          2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
          3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X