Grow Journal - Bruce Banger & Grandaddy Kush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Week 3 of bloom. Everything looks good on the GDK but I'm a bit worried by how close the buds are to the screen for the BB. They just didn't seem to go into the bloom stretch all that much.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your 'net' looks like more of a hindrance than help.

• NeonTofu
      NeonTofu commented
      Editing a comment
      I see what you mean. Apparently the version of the Scrog I am using isn't even made anymore, and its probably for this very reason. I've had this set up for a few grows and all have come out well but the little Bruce Banger here just is getting shadowed by the screen. It is what it is at this point.

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Week 4 of bloom. Things with the GDK are looking good and the buds are starting to fill out nicely. Both plants appear to be done with their stretch, which is unfortunate for the BB, but we'll see what happens once we get to the finish line.

Comment

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Week 5 of bloom. Things are looking real good on the GDK, the BB is a bit of a runt, but it has improved. I don't think I'll be yielding a lot from that plant but that's fine

I've been giving them pH'd water with CalMag only at this point. I want to see exactly how well the Michigan Mix will do on its own, but if I absolutely need to add nutrients I will.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
        JeffInCanada commented
        Editing a comment
        Looing real good in there, I think you'll get a pretty good harvest. They're budding up real nice. NeonTofu Lol, love your handle too

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        They look young enough to me to continue feeding, i'd say better part of a month left?

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        perhaps the BB will be killer smoke like the one time I grew it. Mine wasn't a runt however.

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Week 6 of bloom. The Bruce Banger is fattening up nicely, and much more of GDK pistils are changing color. I'm noticing some spots and discoloration on the leaves from both plants. Not sure exactly if its because the plants are getting close to the end of their life cycle or if it's a deficiency/light burn.

Until next week,
      take care

Comment

Thanks journaling this nice grow. May have phosphorus deficiency.
        Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Week 7 of bloom, getting close to the finish line for the GDK I think. The Bruce Banger's leaves are getting awfully crispy. GDK is looking (and smelling) amazing. I can't get over the rich almost artificial grape/berry smell coming from these buds, its potent. So far all I've been giving them is distilled water and that's it.

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! Looks fabulastic .

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Week 8 of bloom, things are still looking real good. The BB is getting crispier, I'm not sure if I should flush it and follow up with nutrients or what. Aside from the crisping leaves, the BB are getting plump and sticky. The GDK is getting close to harvest time, although the trichomes aren't there just yet.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
            JeffInCanada commented
            Editing a comment
            Buds looking real nice! Fat!

• BaccaRacca
            BaccaRacca commented
            Editing a comment
            Plants are beautiful. In regards to the Bruce Banger, I've found on my recent grow that I did need a different nute mix for my indica-dominant GG#4 than the sativa-dominant Blue Dream. The sativa-dominant needed more nitrogen. I posted a thread on nute differential between strains and got some confirming feedback from a few others.

Does the GDK look done? I'm having a hard time distinguishing between the clear trichomes and the cloudy. Any thoughts on the following pics?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Well the friggin photos only open at the bottom continuing issue at times. What i did see is alot of clear. Post a full plant pic on next one. Great grow so good looking let them get really dry medium when you see cloudy if you want to this helps force them to take all they can stored in the plant.

WEEKLY UPDATE:

I think I'm getting close to the finish line on the GDK. I topped off the Bruce Banger with a scoop of the Michigan Mix, and it is really plumping up. Aside from the crisping leaves, the buds seem happy.

Comment

Trichomes of the GDK as of today (5/2/21)

Comment

UPDATE: GDK Harvest Time!

Thanks to everyone's input and feedback during all of this, I've really appreciated it. Once it has fully dried I'll post up another pic of final yield.

I'll still continue the grow journal for the Bruce Banger, so come Sunday, there will be another update.

Take care,
              Neon
              Last edited by NeonTofu; 05-06-2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                nice growing, hope your BB is as strong as the Bruce banger I grew from seedsman. I shared some with a very experienced toker and he asked if he could have some of my stash. always the best compliment.

• JeffInCanada
                JeffInCanada commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats! Fine looking bin of GDK buds there. Well done!

I have the Darkhorse Bruce Banner, would like to compare to Seedsman.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bb.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	513433

Comment

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Bruce Banger is now all by its lonesome. The leaves are just getting crispier and crispier. I'm hoping that this plant finishes before it gets any worse. Even with topping the plant off with a fresh scoop of nutrient rich soil, I think that the deficiency is too far along to really correct it, but I could be wrong. I'm open to advice here. Other than that the buds are looking plump and they are covered in frosty trichomes.

Comment

JohnEmad do you happen to remember how long your BB took to finish? Seedsman's website says up to 70 days but I'm heading into week 11 and I'm still seeing lots of clear trichomes.

Comment

• JohnEmad
                    JohnEmad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    NeonTofu, my journal shows just over 10 weeks from flip to chop. We all have our preference for trich maturity but she looks close.

Those look nearly ready to chop. I'd quit watering let her dry a couple days if she were mine. Great looking colas.
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JohnEmad
                    JohnEmad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yes, very nice looking grow. well done.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X