GROW JOURNAL

SEEDS:
    1x Seedsman Bruce Banger Feminized
    1x Grandaddy Kush (bag seed)

TECH/EQUIPMENT:

* 2’ x 4’ x 6’ Secret Jardin Grow Tent
    * Scrog-Pro 2’ x 4’ SCRoG
    * Viparspectra XS2000 LED lamp (240w)
    * HomeBasix Clamp Fan (blowing over the XS2000’s driver)
    * Vornado 133 Compact Air Circulator Fan (blowing over plants)
    * 2x Winner Outfitters 5-Gallon Fabric Pots with Handles
    * 4x Petmate Litter Pan (Large) (2 as water trays and 2 for trim once harvest comes)
    * ThermoPro TP62 Digital Wireless Hygrometer/Thermometer (general temp monitoring)
    * Can Max-Fan Mixed Flow Inline Fan, 6-Inch 334 CFM (exhaust)
    * Home Depot Bucket Head Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum + 5 Gal. Bucket. (for flushing the plants)
    * Poly Pro Tools Scoop (used to scoop soil into fabric pots; used in soil ratio)

SOIL/NUTRIENTS:

* Fox Farm Happy Frog Soil (3:13 ratio)
    * Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil (3:13 ratio)
    * Michigan Mix M3 Soil (7:13 ratio)
    * General Hydroponics CaliMagic
    * General Hydroponics Bio Root (root supplement)
    * Plant Success Great White (mycelial root growth supplement)

NOTE: Due to complications I forgot to log exactly when each seed was germinated and planted, but I'd say that the Bruce Banger was started approx. on 10th of January, whereas the Grandaddy Kush was started approx. on the 7th.
    Last edited by NeonTofu; 01-23-2021, 04:42 PM.

* Tuesday January 19 - Transplanted plants to 5 gal. smart pots. The plants are about 1 week (BB) and 2 weeks (GDK). Watered plant with Great White and Bio Root.
    * Wednesday January 20 - Adjusted light intensity to 85%; distance is 28” from GDK’s canopy.

Current Light Schedule:
    18/6

Current Temps/Humidity (Lights On):
    80.2 deg. F / 37% humidity

Current Temps/Humidity (Lights Off):
    67.4 deg. F / 50% humidity
    Last edited by NeonTofu; 01-21-2021, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Very nice seedlings and good looking medium. Tip of the day for fabric bags. Grommets make for easy training.

Comment

• NeonTofu
        NeonTofu commented
        Editing a comment
        Very cool mod. It's funny you mention grommets, I keep forgetting I have a small bag of them in the garage. Next grow I'll definitely try this.

• Dieselgrower
        Dieselgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        nice idea. I like to use safety pins

If it were my grow, I would try to increase your humidity. If you cannot then perhaps you should drop the temp. Have a look at a VPD chart and you will see you are way too high at this early stage of grow. Then again, I have seen a lot of people growing with low humidity without issues. Maybe I am too paranoid. Here is a good article on VPD.

Last edited by RetiredGuy; 01-22-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        wet towel - pot with water in it - spray mister - lots of stuff without adding a humidifier.

• RetiredGuy
        RetiredGuy commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought a miroco cool mist 6l humidifier on Amazon for about 50 bucks, it works good and on the highest setting I fill it twice a day.

• NeonTofu
        NeonTofu commented
        Editing a comment
        I closed the side ports of the tent and now the humidity seems to be steady at 49% with the temp being 82 deg with the lights on.
        Last edited by NeonTofu; 01-22-2021, 05:50 PM.

WEEKLY UPDATE

Light intensity has been adjusted to 100% and the distance from the canopy remains 28." Introduced a Sterilite container full of 8 qt. of wet perlite into the chamber. Lid is removed when lights are on, and lid is replaced as soon as lights shut off.

NOTE: Every update from here on out (unless there are issues) will be posted on Sunday.
      Last edited by NeonTofu; 01-25-2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks very healthy keep doing what your doing.

* Thursday January 28 - I noticed mildew on the floor of the tent (underneath the bin of perlite), as well as what appears to be mycelial growth on the soil of the Bruce Banger. I removed the bin or perlite and sprayed the mildew in the tent with a peroxide based cleaner and shifted the top soil. I am unclear whether it is mildew growing in the soil or if it's the Great White myco powder coming alive. I'll keep an eye on it regardless.

I also topped the GDK to the 4th node.

* Friday January 29 - Adjusted the lighting schedule to 20/4
      Last edited by NeonTofu; 01-29-2021, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Not good could be too wet

WEEKLY UPDATE:

These plants look like they are loving life. Topped the BB at the 4th node. Mildew seems under control as well.
      Last edited by NeonTofu; 01-31-2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Looking very strong and healthy.

Comment

WEEKLY UPDATE:

There is a little splotches of yellowing on the BB and I'm unsure what that's from. But other than that, both plants seem very healthy.

Comment

WEEKLY UPDATE:

* Thursday February 11 - Nicked the stem of the BB when pruning and affixed a piece of electrical tape to help mend it.
            * Friday February 12 - Topped each plant’s growth tips down to 3rd node.
            * Sunday February 14 - Removed some leaves from each plant.

Comment

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Everything is looking good, albeit a bit unruly. One more week then its flower time!

Comment

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                Big bushy plants. Nice and healthy looking.

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Started the switch to flower today. Looking forward to seeing these beauties bloom. Everything looks very good. Going to give them some water tonight and I'll report back next week.

Comment

Look great. I am curious as to how you plan to water once that SCROG fills up?

Comment

• NeonTofu
                NeonTofu commented
                Editing a comment
                I've used this set up in the past with very good results, but yes, watering can be a bit of a pain. However, It's been quite manageable so far, and I think it will be easier once I thin out the foliage that's in shadow.

WEEKLY UPDATE:

I was a little worried about getting a male with the GDK being bag seed, but she is finally showing her pistils. Photo is pre-SCROG tuck. Both plants have been pruned but I intend to thin it out a bit more before the stretch is over.

Comment

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Week 2 of bloom, pistils are showing up. Pretty happy with how everything is going. I will be starting to let the bud sites pop up through the screen now. I'm still a bit nervous about thinning the canopy out a bit more. If anyone has any suggestions on how much to remove and where, I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just a little off the bottom - you know - those hard to reach sites .

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X