Yellowing of the leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Yellowing of the leaves

My Leaves started to yellow. I'm thinking that it's light stress but wanted to make sure. This is my first grow and one of my first issues.

It's definitively not light burn but rather some immobile nutrient deficiency, since it's manifesting first on the newer growth. From the looks of it, it would seem like a zinc deficiency, which is usually a sign of a pH problem (probably too alkaline). Are you measuring your water/nutrient pH? How about the run-off? If you're getting hard water from the tap, you should lower it's pH with a "pH down" solution or just some vinegar, but don't try to eyeball it, it takes a surprisingly low amount of pH down/vinegar to acidify hard water.

Comment

• Kpeels
      Kpeels commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your response. I was allowing someone to learn how to pH and I don't think they did it correctly, should I flush it and add new nutrients?

• azorahai
      azorahai commented
      Editing a comment
      You can flush with water or nutes, depending on your schedule, but try to keep it within 6-7 pH (recommended range for soil) and check your run-off if it's too alkaline/acidic.

I agree it looks like a root zone or PH issue.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X