Diagnose leaf issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Diagnose leaf issues

Hello. Been reading and looking at lots of pictures but would like some advice from seasoned growers. First time grower so, naturally, I'm freaking out!
    Mainlined my 2 plants 6 days ago, 1 looks good and the fan leaves on the other are getting progressively worse. They are curling up a little bit as well. Could it be nute burn? They both got a round of nutrients 4 days ago. It's possible the yellowing one got more. Both are same distance from the light. All factors are good (temp, rH, circulation, etc).
    The 2 pictures are 1 day apart so you can see the progression.
    Thanks, appreciate any help!
    Attached Files

First off good job on your manifold, I like manifolds and I use the first and third node on each side making 8 tops so the second node will eventually be cut off so I put my tie wire at the second node because if it gets damaged there's no loss. The yellow showed up just after feeding so I'm guessing it's a little nute burn and as long as you take it easy they'll be fine. The only other thing is when leaves curl up it's a sign of heat issue and I understand that the other plant is next to this one but think of plants like people just because two people are related doesn't mean they are the same some will get sunburn easier some eat more drink grow different from one another. Plants are the same, I'm dealing with some blue dream that won't let me turn my light up past 75% without them burning
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• CyberK
      CyberK commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much MeEasy for the input. I felt so bad cutting the plants but they rebounded really quickly and are doing well It's been really cool to watch them grow. Good analogy on the 2 plants as well, I can adjust the lights a bit to see if that helps. Happy growing!

Looks like a calcium/magnesium deficiency.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Looks like Potassium deficiency to me.

Leaves with a potassium deficiency have yellow, brown, or burnt edges and tips. It may look like nutrient burn, but the leaf margins also turn yellow.

Comment

Hi CyberK,
        Are you glad that you joined the forum and can ask questions. Ask a question and get 3 different answers (so far) It just shows how tricky growing cannabis can be. A case can be made for all of the above answers. I totally understand the freaking out part of growing. Rest assured, you're obviously smart enough to do a good job. Things will be fine. All of the above answers are at least starting points to check out. I assume with the feeding some potassium was added. If you have not been adding Cal-Mag, I'd try adding some of that first. Go slow and low on the dose. The yellowed leaves will not recover but try and stop it's progression. Root zone PH is always good to get a handle on too. Keep updating us, we'll get it figured out.
        Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
        I like weed and science.

Comment

• CyberK
          CyberK commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol Jeff. I know it's very difficult to diagnose anything without actually seeing what's going on and not knowing 100% of the details I love seeing a picture and it says "Could be overwatering or under-watering". So one thing or the complete opposite haha. Being such a newbie, just trying to stay ahead of problems when I see them starting.
          I have been using General Hydroponics Flora Trio with CalMag in a FFOF/Perlite soil mix. I always pH and check PPM on the water/nutes.
          Read that some folks add some CalMag when they water. Thoughts?
          Thanks again for everyone's help.

personally I didn't start using cal mag myself until my 4th grow onlt because I read that it's helpful when growing under LED lights. Check out the main site for tips under yellowing leaves as well. Nebula knows her shit!
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

CyberK You're using the same nutes as me Have you read the Flora Series guide on the GWE site? They have made a guideline chart for dosage. You can download the guide from this page https://www.growweedeasy.com/general...nics-nutrients
          If you are adding some nutes and not over doing it, things will be fine even though you haven't got it quite figured out yet.
          I noticed that the affected leaf has a purple stem. Purple stems seem to be another 100 opinions on what it means symptom but...... Magnesium is the front runner.
          Last edited by JeffInCanada; 01-20-2021, 08:53 PM.
          I like weed and science.

Comment

• CyberK
            CyberK commented
            Editing a comment
            JeffInCanada Groovy. There are so many nutes out there but those seemed like a good place to start. Thanks for the link, I have been following their recommendations. Trying not to drown them in the nutes. If I may ask, I have the 2 plants in 5 gallon bags but not sure how much of the nutrients to add at once. I have been mixing them in a gallon of water and giving each plant around 1/4 gallon then waiting a few days and doing the same. I didn't want to burn them. Is that a dumb idea?!? Still not clear on best application. Trying to see how they react and adjust as needed.
            Lol, I did notice the purple stem early on and freaked out. Read everything from nutrient deficiency to pH issues to light exposure to genetics (growing Amnesia currently) to stress to no big deal haha.
            Gave her some cal/mag yesterday so we'll see if that helps. Thanks again!

CyberK If I understand your watering technique correctly, when you are watering with nutrients you are only giving the plant about 1/4 of a gallon of water. This method does not cause any runoff through the bottom of the bags, obviously. Glad you asked because I have been doing something similar and I am changing that this grow. I didn't want to deal with runoff out of the bottom of my containers because you have to remove the runoff water and that means lifting the whole damn plant and cleaning up the runoff water underneath it every time I water. For my current grow, for watering (with nutes or not) I am going to try and stick with https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-often-water-marijuana
          To solve the lifting the plants every time problem I have ordered one of these https://www.amazon.ca/17-7-Plant-Cad...249549&sr=8-11
          I'll use it without the wheels. It has not arrived yet but my current grow is just in the seedling stage now so I am not watering hard yet. It may not work 100% but I'm going to try it out.
          I like weed and science.

Comment

• CyberK
            CyberK commented
            Editing a comment
            JeffInCanada. Yes, I was giving each about 1/4 gallon, not to runoff. Then another 1/4 gallon each a few days later. Not sure if I should mix a watering between the nute dose. For example (depending on soil moisture): Nutes on Monday, water on Thursday, rest of the nutes on Sunday. Then the next week would be: Nutes on Tuesday, water on Friday, nutes on Monday. I dunno, kind of confused about how much nutes they should get all at once!
            That runoff cart is awesome! I have a small tent so trying to keep the gals as low as possible. Wish I had space, that's a great idea. Appreciate the article on watering as well. Thanks!

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            I was using crushed aluminum cans under my fabric pots and just use a big sponge n bucket to remove the water underneath. Now I have some old cedar pickets i cut up and painted under them but have switched to living soil so I no longer water to runoff. I've heard guys using shop vacuum to suck it out

Update: Mixed 2 cups of water with 1/3 ml of Cal/Mag and have her about 1.25 cups. Seems to have halted the crawl. She might not look too sexy but seems to be helping lol. I'll keep an eye on her, thanks for all the help!
          Attached Files

Comment

I have been doing something similar to you (not watering with enough water volume to saturate the medium) up until now. When you are watering I think you are supposed to water until the entire medium is saturated and you have a little runoff out of the bottom. So all of the roots get some. You'll have to mix up enough water/ nute mix for that, as in the watering link I sent. If you are using Calimagic, the bottle says mix 1ml per litre. I usually use a half dose mix rate at 0.5 ml per litre. Your 1/3 ml into 2 cups is a rate of 0.64 ml per litre which is ok. Sorry, I work in metric
            I like weed and science.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X