Vape juice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vape juice

So I have been trying to quit smoking cigarettes and trying to switch to vaping instead. I decided a while back that I wanted to make some THC vape juice to mix in. Anyway, I finally made some. The first batch I made wasn't very much but it was darker than what's pictured. Went and got more supplies and made another batch that was way lighter in color. I mixed them together but I don't think the juice is as potent as I want. So now it's back on the stove for a few more hours with some "fresh" decarbed trim. Anyone else do juice for pens/vape mods? If so, how was it and how dark? I will post updated pictures when it's done for comparison.
    Attached Files

Following this one. I want to quit smoking aswell, ive tried vape in the past, but over here it is illegal to sell vape juice locally with nic in it. I usually had to order from the states. If i could make my own juice with my grows, i would definitely change back over. How is the smell? Thats not too much of a dark color. I guess it all depends on how you mix it. What mixture are you using?

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      There's very little smell honestly, if any. I can't really tell because my house always smells like weed 😂 I mixed it with my nicotine juice, so it smells like that. Tastes like it too, with just a hint of decarbed weed flavor. My local shops stopped selling vape juice as well, so I also have to order mine. I use VaporBlends because they're reasonably priced ($10 US for a 30ml bottle) and the flavors are pretty good too. I looked up how to make infused juice and came up with a few sites. I read through them and tried to pick the easiest method, but ended up kind of combining 2 techniques. They were similar, but for the bottom pan I used oil instead of water because it won't boil off. Top pan still has water in it so I just have to top it off here and there. All the recipes I found call for 60+% vegetable glycerin, and the remaining % propylene glycol. This time however, I used only vegetable glycerin because I had to order the PG. It works pretty well in my vape but I can't tell potency because I smoke a lot of weed as it is. Here's the links to the recipes I looked at.

The rise of THC vape oil in vape carts has proven to be a revolutionary alternative for smokers around the world. For the reason that it has many advantages

Cannabis e-liquids provide a potent hit of cannabinoids in the form of smooth, clean vapor. Use these methods to easily make your own weed e-liquid at home.

It's a lot easier to make than I thought it would be. Pretty much just mix it, put it on the stove and wait.

Yeah it turned out way darker this time. Left it for about 2 hours at about 170°F. Looks good, smells like decarbed weed still but can't wait to try it now. Side by side comparison pictures, before and after.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been researching this since I started my grow. There's a dude on a sub r/ clean carts that tells how to do it 3 or 4 ways. Supposedly the pg, vpeg, etc are bad for your lungs, like the Vit D? E? thing. Dispensary cartridge juice is thick, I've opened many, or had bottoms pull out and captured what I could to put in another cart.

I convert shatter/wax/budder/live resin to vape using PUyR as a thinner. No vpeg, pg, etc. They use a form of hemp oil. You can buy 'flavored' or plain. After decarbing the THC-A out, if necessary, I add terps back to it. It's thick in a syringe with a blunt tip, I just run it under hot tap water so it loosens up when I need to push more into a used dispo cartridge.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

It’s not weed related but I was a long time heavy cigarette smoker too. The only thing that worked for me was a RX for Chantix, three months of that shit and I was able to quit after about 45yrs and at my peak 5 packs a day. It’s been tough lately, I quit about a year ago and wasn’t really smoking weed at the time and since I started growing and have something I can actually smoke without coughing a lung up it’s really pushing my “I NEED A SMOKE” button but so far I’m still hangin in.

Comment

• Xena
        Xena commented
        Editing a comment
        Puglover1 I know exactly what you’re talking about I had a decent amount of time in a few years ago and and one of MASSIVE A-HOLES at the social security administration office here drove me back to smoking again.

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        That must have been expensive at 5 packs a day! I usually smoke a pack to 1.5 packs and my lungs hurt enough from that, I couldn't even imagine 5. And that's not even mentioning all the weed I smoke lol I do have a little advantage though, since I live alone so there's nobody here to make me crave a cigarette because they smoke. The cigarettes get worse tasting too the more I vape so that definitely will help. I know what you mean about the vape choking you too. When I first started using my vape again, it would choke me up a bit because I wasn't used to it. Now though I can take huge pulls and blow out clouds. It's very satisfying to me. Reminds me of my younger days when I could rip a bong and blow a cloud that made my friends disappear 😂

• Xena
        Xena commented
        Editing a comment
        Well actually 5 packs a day wasn’t a regular thing but I did hit a carton in 2 days a few times, back when I drank if I had a drink in one hand I had a smoke in the other and I was known to hit the bottle pretty hard back in the day. Also I was much younger and cigs were much cheaper back then about 15 bucks a carton.

I quit cold turkey, hard as hell to do, once you hit your first six months, you are well on your way.

Comment

I totally get it! Switching from cigarettes to vaping can be a journey. Experimenting with DIY THC vape juice is interesting. The color can vary based on factors like strain and extraction method. Keep fine-tuning your process, and you'll likely find that sweet spot for potency and flavor. Here, you can also find how much nicotine is in a vape for additional info. Good luck, and I'm looking forward to your updates!
        Last edited by HowelGrace; 09-21-2023, 05:53 AM.

Comment

I would invest in an extraction machine: you'll get much better results than stove top.
          Hey homies, here's my latest foray into the wonderful world of cannabis concentrates. I made some sap using a buchner funnel, 2 micron filters and my Source machine. I dried and then decarbed all the trim from 8 strains in thick brown paper bags and then put it in the freezer in a big plastic bag. The Everclear 190 was also in

I am currently using Elyxr vape carts (8 more weeks till harvest) and they are fantastic: https://www.elyxr.com
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X