my grow and how much i want to just start over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my grow and how much i want to just start over

So as you can see, I am not happy with my grow and it is not happy with me. Learned something new about standing water today, but other than that i really dont want this grow anymore

Hmmm....maybe chalk it up to “farmer failure”? Is this your first grow?
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• LENNOXSDAD
      LENNOXSDAD commented
      Editing a comment
      secpnd, but the first one was worse hahahah

Let me guess... Droopy leaves, soaked roots, Powder Mildew, soil gnats? I fought the first two this grow... What I am leaning is maintaining proper environmental conditions is the most important and challenging elements of maintaining a successful harvest. The root cause of most of my issues comes down to not maintaining my RH, room temperature or light cycle management... All things within my control. It is challenging for a rookie to know what to expect until you face it yourself. Growing is the hardest easy thing I have endevored in years. Stick with it. Learn your lessons from misques. You can do it!
    Old school outdoor renegade finally indoors and legit.
    5x5 DIY flower room with 3 nets. 600w Hid mars hydro 600(100w) and Chinese led (150w actual).. Promix C coco mix +20% course perlite. General hydro nutes at slightly under full dose+ cal mag and molasses every other water.
    wishing you peace on your particular path....

Comment

PS: version 2.0 is performing my better now that the environment is better managed.
      Attached Files
      Old school outdoor renegade finally indoors and legit.
      5x5 DIY flower room with 3 nets. 600w Hid mars hydro 600(100w) and Chinese led (150w actual).. Promix C coco mix +20% course perlite. General hydro nutes at slightly under full dose+ cal mag and molasses every other water.
      wishing you peace on your particular path....

Comment

Nothing wrong with a reboot. Learn from you mistakes and move forward.
        But before you do clean the hell out of that grow room. One tiny spore and you'll have WPM all over again.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I would honestly ditch the blankets. If they're blocking windows or whatever, I'd suggest something that won't hold water in it and is reflective. Also, they're a perfect breeding ground for bugs, mold, and other bacteria. I watched all your grow room videos and that's something I noticed. Probably part of why the mold spread to the rest of your plants I'll go back through other posts to see details on the rest and give my thoughts. I just want to double check my information before I offer more advice, I don't want to give any bad information.

Edit: I see you're using Miracle Grow. I would definitely change that for the next grow. If you're going to use Miracle Grow, there's a guy on here who swears by the type designed for tomatoes. That said, there's a lot of good options out there. Do you pH your water every time? You could have a pH issue that's causing nutrient lockout if you don't. Another thing, the standing water being in the trays could have possibly caused root rot. If you have something like Hydroguard, try watering with that for a little while. Wait until the pots are light before you water again, should be a few days in between. They definitely want to keep going, but it's a matter of fixing a few things first. I hate to throw out plants, especially when they get big like that. Hopefully some of that helps.
          Last edited by dphipps1020; 01-17-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

White Powdery Mildew (aka White Powdery Mold) can be the cause of white spots on your leaves that looks like patches of flour. Learn how to get rid of it!

Comment

thank you all for your advice and helping me out!!

Comment

Go to the top of this page, click on the three horizontal lines, top left in the green bar. then click on "growing basics". This take you to the GWE website which contains all the info you need for a successful grow. In one place , without pulling you in different directions. Establish a base, then return to the forum for follow-ups. The tutorials are a great resource, as is the search bar. On the website, not the forum. You could type in "watering" for example. Good growing to you.

Comment

Also how is your PH ? Yeah ditch the miracle grow it's not really good for weed.

Birth control makes female plants? Urine is good for cannabis? You can determine the sex of seeds by sight? Nope! Learn about these (and more) myths inside!
                  Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                  Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                  Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                  Full auto grow
                  Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                  12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• LENNOXSDAD
                    LENNOXSDAD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i usually kept the ph between 6.3 and 6.8 because I am growing in soil

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X