First grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow

Hey guys I decided to go hydroponic to someone tell me what's the best nutrients to start with

I never will say what is the best, that's not for me to decide. I started growing in March of 2019 started with and still use GH flora trio & 2ml BotanicareHydrogaurd. Fall of 2019 my 2nd grow I switched to RO water and added Bonticare CalMag. The grow store I use was out of GH CalMag but will try it once I get low on the Botanicare to see if it works better for me. Fall grow 2020 I added GH liquid KoolBloom. This is what has worked for me so far. May I suggest you read this https://www.growweedeasy.com/best-hy...ients-cannabis

Comment

Again can't say what's best. But do make sure the nutes you choose are meant for hydro. I use GH flora trio with calimag and hydroguard.
      3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
      New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
      Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
      5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

Whatever the local hydro store sells...that’s what you want. There are many different brand names out there, but essentially, they are all the same. They all have N/P/K ratios that follow a general guideline for the ratios. You will also need a Cal/mag additive.

I use a brand called MegaMass (mymegamass.com) which is a brand I don’t think I’ve seen anybody on GWE mention. For your first couple of grows, keep it simple while you learn by just using the basic nutes. once you have some experience and knowledge, you can begin to look at all the other “enhancers” and additives.

Also....make sure you get some type of additive to prevent root rot and use it from day one until the day you harvest.

Remember, nutes are only a part of the equation. Light, temp, and humidity are all just as important for the plants.
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X