Triple nodes, reaction or mutation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triple nodes, reaction or mutation?

I have a few green crack x deadhead plants going. When I topped them the first time one of the three started acting oddly. Ive read that sometimes plants will show mutations like having 3 branches at each node, but in this case its not the entire plant, its just this one branch thats showing triple nodes. Even the shoots off it are growing with the usual two per node with the newer ones staggered but still on opposite sides of the shoot.

So is this just a odd stress reaction and not an actual mutation? And if its a mutation what are the odds if i breed it itll pass on?

i know mutations tend to mean worse yields but i kinda want to breed it for the novelty factor 🤣
    Attached Files
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

Hard to say...
    If it hasn't exhibited any more of those nodes, I'd just call it a random genetic hiccup.
    A Ghost in the Machine.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I believe the technical term is polyploidism. They look pretty cool and aren't extremely common. Like gbauto says, it is a genetic mutation.

Comment

For me it is fairly common, and the last one that did this was a hermie. All the branches off the triple went single node and made male flowers. All the seed in that run hermied, bad genetics from CA. bag seed. Keep an eye on it!

Comment

Wonder how it would manifold, if at all - I had issues with manifolding this time around on a few because the nodes were alternating left, right. Not sure if that is the correct term. One question would be consider it is a mutation - will this be the only manifested mutation of thus plant.

Comment

I have at least 3 going right now that are doing that. I think 2 are Bubblegum S1s and 1 is a Berry Freak F2.

Comment

Probably a mutation. Grow it for the fun of it. sometimes the yield is big, sometimes small. They are more prone to hermie, keep watch.
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I have grown out 1 auto and 1 photo like that with no discernable difference in quantity or quality but I didn't grow more then one type of each so?.. No hermies or anything bad. I would call it a genetic mutation.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X