So, i accidentally left my lights on all night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, i accidentally left my lights on all night

SO my plants, Alien Boo Berry, Cherry Vanilla skunk, and Lemon Og Haze, are all looking pretty sickly. But i kept them growing any way becasue the guy i am growing them with says mother nature will do what she does. Anyway, I accidentally left the lights on all night. Not a big deal if they are vegging. But they are flowering. They are in their fifth week and starting to show buds. I am wondering if i royally screwed myself. I really just want to trash them and start all over
    Lennox's Dad

No, you didn't screw yourself. Once will not make a huge difference. You will be fine going back to the normal 12/12 schedule you had previously. When the dark period gets interrupted and then back on an irregular schedule is when you can run into problems.

Scientifically, the phytochrome in the plants converts to a non active state in the darkness and far-red light (think Emerson effect), when it gets light, phytochrome turns into an active state and shifts hormones to growth. But it takes an amount of time to reach that reaction, so again, with this just happening once, you will be OK.

Comment

Don't trash them. One little slip will not kill a weed. They will recover. Don't worry, be happy
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

They already covered the light part of this. I'm curious about the "sickly" plants. If you have some pictures of the whole plants in natural light and give us some details (lights, grow medium, nutrients, etc) about your grow, we can probably help you get them back on track.

Comment

thank you all very much. We started off this grow on the wrong foot unfortunately. Not only did we reuse soil that had thrips and PM from the prvious grow, but it was Miracle Gro. Yay!!! the plants were in veg for about three months becasue they were not getting size, It took about 1600 ladybugs to kill all the Thrips. by then, one of the plants looked pretty dead. But we have about five plants right now. weird thing is right when we got the temperature and humidity perfect (70 degreee farenheit and 40 % humidity) one of the plants literally dried up almost entirely and is basically dead. But the guy i grow with does not want to let the plant die. i am all about starting overt if the product is less then perfect. this is my second grow and i guess i am being very impatient wanting to be good at it, but it didnt expect to suck so hard, you know? We are working with 2 mars hydro sp 200's (old model) 1 mars hydro TS 1000 and one mars hydro 300 watt, that i dont know the name of. i dont havr any pics, but i have a youtube channel if you guys wanna see my plants there. sorry for all the spelling errors but i can't find where the ABC check is.
          Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

Comment

basically my plants have a bunch of PM again. I dont know why. the humidity has not dropped far below 40. nor has it been higher then 55%.

Comment

Air flow is really important in preventing PM. Do you have mush airflow inside of your tent?

Plants that are very thick and bushy, without any defoliation or maintenance can develop warm, moist pockets of air regardless of room temps, this can also contribute to PM.

Sometimes the temp and humidity is best when following the VPD chart (vapor pressure deficit) It will ensure the happy harmony of leaf transpiration (sweating) and environment.

For anyone with a compromised immune system, I would say the chance of molds on your bud is not worth the risk. Not all of it is visible, some of it can kill you. That being said, we've likely all smoked some weed that had a little bit of invisible mold lurking, but never have I done it knowingly.

Comment

Let me start by saying, I’m pretty new to growing and luckily have no experience with WPM. I have seen a lot of threads with people plagued by it. I watched some of your videos, could you hear me yelling at you? Man if you think you’re dealing with WPM DO NOT pull leaves off crumble em up and toss them around your plants. Everything I’ve seen says once you have it you need to deep clean everything with bleach or something good that will kill all the spores to keep it from returning (between grows). There’s a bunch of info on here about what to do to get it off your plants. For me personally, I have breathing problems and would just scrap the grow, clean the room, and start again.

Comment

It looked like in one or your vids that you had a plant in a tray that had standing water in it. If that is the case, get rid of it. Breeding ground for mold, algae, bacteria.
                  Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• LENNOXSDAD
                    LENNOXSDAD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    that ,makes a lot of sense then. I was told by a horticulture major that you want to water it until it leaks out the bottom. and leave whatever is there

• ChadWestport
                    ChadWestport commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That person must have been asleep during that lesson. You don't want to leave your roots sitting in standing water. Run-off is generally good, medium dependent, but in all cases, sitting in run-off is not good. More-so on a nutrient / oxygen concern, not necessarily because of PM, but standing water can certainly help PM in getting a foothold.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X