iPower 19” trimmer review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPower 19” trimmer review

My wife got sick a few weeks ago (thankfully not covid related) and felt bad for me being in trimmer jail as I harvest 2 tents by myself so she ordered me this trimmer. I had no idea she got this, so as I greeted the UPS guy delivering it the other day, he couldn’t help but smile at the astonishing look on my face as I watched him sit down a big box that said ‘19” Bud Bowl Trimmer’ in several places on the outside of it 🤨😤🤬 are you fucking kidding me was my initial response. So be mindful of that if you order this thing from
    Amazon. After I calmed down a little I decided to give the thing a shot. It works great on the lower trim that’s more of a pain to trim, I did 65% of the plant in less than 10min which included unboxing and gathering everything I needed. Luckily I did a test run before putting the best buds through it. I DO NOT recommend using this on your prime buds if you want them to look good. It does the trick but fluffs them up a lot in the process so your dense, fat colas won’t be dense or fat once it’s done with them. Overall it’s ok for a quick trim job but not great. I did trim the entire plant by myself in less than an hour which was pretty sweet although I’m still pissed about the packaging.

That sounds like a good, honest review of the product. Thanks for sharing man. Been hearing a lot about these trim bowls, but I'm still stuck in my ways for now.

Comment

Did you do a wet or dry trim? I have one of these as well and I've found it works better dry, for me anyway.

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah any time. Mine has 2 straight blades and the wire one, which I see no use for. Just don't try it wet. It will really fluff things up if you do, and can "bruise" the buds. I made that mistake the first time I used it cause I didn't read the instructions. I'll try and remember and get a picture of them later to post here for you.

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        I had no idea what that wire thing was for lol sounds like it just needs tossed

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        The wire is supposedly to do dry trimming with. I don't see it working very well honestly.

I got a vivosun tent off amazon and they did the same shit. Local lady at my post office is a gossip as well. Hopefully she didn't know what it was and didn't look it up. A legal grow but still......
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

My concern with those timers is how much damage they do to the trichomes. Same reason i still grind all my bud by hand instead of a coffee grinder.
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          There was a lot in the bottom after I removed the leaves but the buds are still super frosty. Need to get me a press now

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just make sure the press you get isn't aluminum. I bought one that was and it stripped out after a few uses.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X