No announcement yet.

Oil stuck in syringe, broken syringe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Oil stuck in syringe, broken syringe.

Sorry, Not so much growing related.. but I have a plastic syringe of THC distillate Oil, and it will NOT come out due to the consistency. I’ve tried a few things including holding it in my hand to warm it up and get it “goopy” but I the syringe broke in my hand and is now unsafe to use force (due to sharp plastic edges where the breaks are)

my question is: how would you go about getting the oil out? Starting to feel idiotic as I’ve never had this issue before, just this time. I hesitate to heat it up as I don’t want to change anything to the oil, but I can’t find another way to get it out :/
    Ideas anyone? thanks in advance! Just want to dab as I’m currently waiting for my harvest to dry.

(ps. If post is not ok due to it being not about cultivation/growing, I can delete. Just thought more heads thinkin are better than one on this issue)

Heat it up over a steaming kettle to reduce it’s thick viscosity.

Will that plunger not pull out? Looks like there is nothing to stop it.

and your post is just fine if it’s weed related....crack pipes and cocaine tubes are frowned upon 🙃
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

I would use a hacksaw with a fine blade and cut the end off sometimes you gotta manhandle things to get what you want..LOL
      Go ahead sing to your plants there not going to think your a nutjob

Grow in soil-fox farm ocean forest-happy frog
      Indoor Grow with 5gl cloth pots
      31/2x31/2 Home made grow box
      1-Mars hydro ts1000 and 1-ts600
      Humboldts nutrients + Blackstrap molasses
      secret base a & b
      cal mag
      golden tree
      flower stacker

Comment

The distillate has crystalized.
        I would use a warm water bath to soak the syringe in until it liquifies.
        If the distillate has a high thca percentage, it'll be more prone to doing this.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Let's get you stoned, I've always got syringes (err these type only folks...) on hand and can try to help. Is the distillate rock hard? Is the tip clear? Do you have alcohol on hand? Do you have an empty syringe?

Comment

Pull the plunger out
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Wow thanks for all the swift replies advice! I’ll try these methods out and post my results, I haven’t had this issue before, but then again, I forgot I had this until I ran out of flower today ahah.

It’s pretty thick, almost like cold molasses (for viscosity) but not rock hard. The tip is clear for sure, and unfortunately I don’t have a spare syringe to switch in to :/
              would I get by ok using a silicone dab can?

Before I broke it, it took about 2 minutes of solid man handling to get a small dabs worth out, and then snap.. so I know the syringe works, just very thick sticky distillate. I’ll try heating it up under a kettle or warm water and see if this makes it soupy enough to remove

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                It should loosen the velocity with heat i would think.

We’ve struck oil!
              Thanks everyone for the advice, heated it up in some hot water, then pulled back on the plunger to take it out, and it popped the hole clean with an air bubble going in (It looks like some distillate crystallized inside the nozzle).
              I cleared the nozzle fully with a pin and now it’s flowing out the tip quite well, thanks again everyone for the help

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X