Examples of Bud Rot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Examples of Bud Rot

My First outdoor grow after two indoor grows and my first experience of Bud Rot.

Question: The rot appeared on the side that doesn't get direct sunlight. Is it recommended to turn the pots during the day? Would that have made a difference? It was my biggest, juciest bud. I cried on the inside a little which is probably why the evidence photo is a bit blurry

The leaf looked a bit odd. I tugged and a whole chunk of bud just came off.

Gorilla Glue Auto 70th day after germination
    50/50 coco/perlite
    Sothern Hemisphere: So in the middle of summer ( Temp ranging 20C - 30 C; 60F - 86F) blue skies, breezy, humidity hovering around 50%
    Direct daylight from 7:30am - 6:30 am ( ambient day light from 5:30am - 8:30pm)
    I was bringing them inside at night to hide from snails etc... ( I don't think I'll do that again)

I had to cut away the top third

I've got a window for one more outdoor grow before light changes.

The breeze could have been coming from that side as well which would dry up any moisture in the buds on that side. Moisture is your enemy and if turning your plants helps em dry on all sides then it's a good idea to do it. When I grew outside my plants were always an hour and a half drive and another hour hike to get to them and I have lost so many plants I I could have probably saved if I could check on em daily. Shaking em off if there's some dew in the morning or even putting a shade over them in the overnight or if rain is coming. These are things I've heard others say they've had to do
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Kakariki
      Kakariki commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your reply and help. You are right about the breeze, it definitely runs down that side of the house (same as the sun). My other two indoor never got so big.... so glad that I can grow big cola it's just a shame (heartbreaking) to have learn the hard way I'm impressed with your dedication to growing, that was a BIG commute

Thanks again

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      That was the way we had to do it 30 plus years ago, weed was the gateway drug (the devils flower) and must be stopped. They were after us lol. I was just stuck in my little time warp and didn't realize that it was more accepted and when I found the online pandora's box of information and weed specific products that had come out while I was still doing it the old way. It still took me three years of just looking to get the nerve to order something related to weed. I thought half the people on these forums were cops looking for busts lol I didn't start talking to anyone until probably 6 or 8 months ago. Now I feel like a dumbass for waiting so long. Live and learn I guess

Good morning from Oregon we deal with bud rot also here late in flower outdoors. You grow a big juicy sticky plant with large tight cola buds i get this on at least 1-2 plants an i check them at least 1xday often more late in flower. I just look at every cola. Morning dew i shake the branches. Yes for out in open where full air can circulate or you have to turn an move even a foot helps. I even shake the branches daily for bugs or caterpillar got to look for them little a-holes also.

I did 3 auto grows outdoors this spring summer here. Excellent but they love hot, dry days lots of sun. I messed up plenty of auto seed grows before i had success, they can be easy with outdoors. These are some autos i grew last summer outdoors first 2pics. The 3rd pic are in smokey air bad forest fires near us this summer. Damaged the flower on my photo plants in mid to late flower.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Kakariki
      Kakariki commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks SoOrbudgal, I get full sun in my backyard but it's always to one side and to MeEasy's point that was also the side the breeze comes from. I'll do a midday turn 180 degrees and see if it helps. I was growing a Purple Punch Auto beside it who's buds didn't get anywhere the size of the cola that got the bud. I did read in one of the articles it does seem to strike your biggest I've got a Berry Bomb Auto on the go, I'll try giving it 50/50 on each side.
      Thanks for your help and pictures

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X