Overwatering Problem??? Not Sure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overwatering Problem??? Not Sure

Does this look like a case of over watering? Just not sure, at least the top growth is still a nice shade of green...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1PJFcZS.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	482154
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
    Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
    Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
    Circulation 2 six inch fans.
    Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
    Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

It's tough to say without knowing more. Were you been watering runoff in the pot 2 weeks ago? If so then you probably were overwatering. It's big enough now that you can water the whole pot so that the roots can fill it out but when they are young and tiny with small root systems they don't need the whole pot drenched. Just remember to let it get fairly dry before you water again and water to slight runoff. I'll say that it looks fine and should thrive from now on as long as the ph is good and it gets the nutrients it needs when it needs them.

Comment

• MuskieMan
      MuskieMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the response FunkyButt... I misdiagnosed a PH problem and tried to flush it out, hence too much water. I will leave the plants alone until they dry down a little and water only as needed... Thanks

She looks just fine. Just pluck those dried leaves off. They look like starter leaves to me. The other leaves look plump so watering could be a problem. Try and not let anything droop down into the wet soil. It looks kind of like the tips of the dried starter leaves were once sitting on wet soil?

Comment

Have you got plenty of drainage holes in your pot. You could put a few holes in the sides would help it air out.

Comment

• MuskieMan
        MuskieMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds good driller, easy to do... I was thinking that next grow I will use the fabric bags for pots. I also raised the pots off the floor of the tent a little...
        Learning as I grow...
        Last edited by MuskieMan; 01-15-2021, 05:46 AM.

• Driller
        Driller commented
        Editing a comment
        Im learning too, only on my second grow my first grow I really struggled with watering kept giving water to often. This grow got it dialled in much less stressful and enjoyable this time have fun growing muskieman.

Hello from Oregon MuskieMan doing any ice fishing?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MuskieMan
        MuskieMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello from Ottawa Ontario... No ice fishing, gave it up years ago, but I do enjoy my Muskie fishing....

Hey MuskieMan when she gets droopy at night to sleep do those leaves touch the soil? That's what it looks like to me
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• MuskieMan
        MuskieMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello MeEasy, No more drooping to the soil. Cleaned up the plants of the dried leaves and drilled some holes in the side of the pots to help
        bring the moisture down...

Another thing I just thought of is the plant size. That’s a big pot for that size of plant. You’ll have more medium than roots so if you’re saturating the whole pot will slow the root growth. Let it get dry but not completely dry so the roots have to seek out the moisture. ✌🏼

Comment

Thanks for the input Guys and Gals... Working on my problem, took Driller suggestion and punched a bunch of holes in the sides of my plastic pots. (fabric next time) Still have some crinkled leaves but will clean those up in the next few days or after I stop getting them. Bought a PH meter and will be watering very sparingly at 6.2 to 6.3 with nutrients added. At least the top growth is a nice shade of green...

Click image for larger version  Name:	YaHfoHV.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.5 KB ID:	483190
        Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
        Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
        Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
        Circulation 2 six inch fans.
        Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
        Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

Comment

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like you've got her going better, the damaged leaves will not rejuvenate so you always look to the new growth for current health.

yup it doesn't look like a watering problem it looks like either your PH levels are off or your nutrients are. drainage is only useful if what you are poring in isn't potentially toxic to the plants. It's kind of like watering your begonias will swimming pool water...ya, it's still water but the plant will turn brown very fast!
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X