Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BR2K
    commented on 's reply
    JeffInCanada Awesome idea...are you busy?

• MagicMike66
    replied
    Tbh it doesn’t look like the putty is doing anything to ‘train’ your plants. They all look like they’ve been left to grow naturally. If you train properly it’ll open out the plants which means more light get to buds below.

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Make a putty compound that is total organic, totally non-toxic. Color it green and market it as grower's putty or something like that. You never know, it could take of eh.
    (or get someone else to do all of this if you are too lazy )

• kenKgrow
    replied
    Sounds like a lot of work to me

I find the maintenance on my plants to be enjoyable, but that doesn't mean I don't try to simplify and refine it.

If your system of growing works for you, then do it.

You say you're lazy, but hey, being lazy could be the mother of invention.

Leave a comment:

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    This drawing is not an example of perpetual motion...it's improbable motion, lol

• BR2K
    commented on 's reply
    No Ma'am, I promise to be careful. One great aspect, it doesn't adhere to the plant. I also take care not to put it over bud sites.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Hey i think that putty is a hoot of a idea, if it's not harming the plant grow with it. But if you see fungus under the wrap??? Just don't be tooooooo lazy LOL

Leave a comment:

• BR2K
    replied
    O.K., pride goeth before sloth...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BR2K
    commented on 's reply
    My GTXP is absolutely gorgeous and almost as tall as her much older sisters. I will likely need to employ plumber's putty, in the next week or so. I am still learning the in and outs of coco-coir and General Hydroponics' nutrient schedule. I do know that it will be my choice for future grows but that goes back to my laziness. I accept the constraints and will work to maximize my results within them.

• BR2K
    replied
    Originally posted by hazenph View Post
    how lazy are you?
    2lazy2ryt!

Leave a comment:

• hazenph
    replied
    how lazy are you?

Leave a comment:

• Farmbuck
    replied
    Still experimenting with my 18 inches "chop stick" and twisty, so I wanna see your Golden Tiger X Panama during her flowering. Oh did you see that from Ace ? I want some lolll

I want the mountain gold one, a nice structure strain for my SCROG.

Leave a comment:

• OldManGrower
    replied
    Interesting take on the subject. I tried something similar using lead fishing weights attached to the ends of the branches with twisty ties. This works well and can be easily removed and relocated as the plant grows. However, I have now developed a new technique. I use those big strong paper clips designed for large stacks of paper. I attach them to the edges of my pots and use plant ties to tie the branch down to the edge of the paper clip. I use fabric pots so this works quite well for me but should work for most any pot with a smooth edge.

Leave a comment:

• BR2K
    replied
    I am pleased with my experiment. I intend to manipulate future crops, maximizing their exposure to light...maybe fun shapes too!
    My canopy is relatively even, for a newbie. As my girls get taller I will apply the putty to the new, bendable, growth. Maybe directly opposite of previous bends? We'll see.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BR2K
    replied
    UPDATE: (Day 45, 25, 25, 7) At this point, I am pleased with the progress. The smaller plants are my two (topped) White Widows at 25 days old. My Golden Tiger X Panama had it's 1st week Birfemday today. It's hidden behind the WW on the right.

I have found it necessary to wait until the fresh growth matures enough to retain the weight of the putty. Of course, it's perfectly customizeable...and reuseable.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X