Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BR2K
    commented on 's reply
    To be honest, I've been hestant to super cropping. I may in the future. Thanks for your input!

• BR2K
    commented on 's reply
    Disagree...but the popsicle stick is more stiff, that's a plus.

• BR2K
    commented on 's reply
    Absolutely not - I am just a lazy soul...

• Lark77
    replied
    I used to do the same thing & thought there’s got to be a better way. There is!

Right above where your putty contacts your branch squeeze the branch and gently work the branch in the direction you want it to grow until you see a little crease in the skin of the branch. That crease will form a nice knuckle and make your branch stronger. As you get used to this technique you’ll find out that a little pinch here & a little bend there works better than any tying down of branches in my opinion.

You’ll also notice as you’re practicing this technique wherever you bend the branch (try and do it no lower than the fourth node from the top for good practice) will send energy to the lower nodes. That’s a good way to create branches without topping. You can work the lower parts of bigger branches too but don’t pinch or crease to far down the stalk or it will stunt their growth.

This is what mine look like before I send to the flower room. Again I don’t tie anything down. Just work the branches. It also helps to let it get some growth first then bend it outward.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    replied
    Next time try a popsicle stick. easier.

Leave a comment:

• quirk
    replied
    If I cannot help a grower, I will not hinder them.
    Could this be a result of the pandemic?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by quirk; 01-14-2021, 03:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    No thank you..........i will stick to my twisty ties.

Leave a comment:

• Farmbuck
    replied
    Interesting..!

Leave a comment:

• Alternative Low Stress Training (LST) - Submitted for your consideration

DISCLAIMER: This is an experiment that I chose to conduct. While probably safe, Plumber's Putty comes with a warning, which is included here. While I will not intentionally ingest it, it may be remotely possible, via osmosis, to contaminate my plants. It is a risk I decided to take. If you choose to participate, at least you're aware of the risk.

My current grow has one Mandarin Gelato (MG), which is the base of this effort. It's now at 37 days of veg and will likely be at least 50 days old when I switch.I am waiting for my Golden Tiger X Panama seed to pop and get to 15 days, before I switch to flower. My first MG did well with only topping and a tiny bit of defoliation (30 days of veg). It did grow to the maximum, in my tent. Therefore, I may expect this older plant to grow even taller.

The problem is, dear readers, I'm lazy. I have pipe cleaners littering my grow room. I find the method awkward and tedious, like my personality

So I was looking about for inspiration when my eyes settled on some plumber's putty. I pulled and kneaded a small amount. I then fashioned a wedge, creating grooves where the branches will contact the putty.

I am hoping that this may work out for me. I am also considering using "Great Stuff" foam.

Last but not least - If any of you have tried this or the foam and had bad results, please let me know!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BR2K; 01-23-2021, 11:48 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X