Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do clones have a shorter flower period than their parent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do clones have a shorter flower period than their parent?

I have a Black Jack clone that is 4-5 weeks old and looks like it's maturing faster than it's parent who was harvested at 9 weeks. The buds are big and the pistols are starting to turn brown. The clone was cut when it's parent was 3 weeks in flower so it spent almost 3 months in veg since it had to revert back from a flowering plant. It's a very healthy plant with upwards of 20 colas. My guess is that it will be ready to harvest in as early at 2 weeks. Could this be possible?
    I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
    Blue Mystic (7 gal)
    VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
    Coco Coir w/30% perlite
    Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

I clone alot and yes it's common, clones in general will not be exact as their parents in a few ways. I always check the trichomes to be sure but one thing is certain the taste is always just as good!
    Perpetual setup!

Comment

• Dagmar
      Dagmar commented
      Editing a comment
      And it's parent is might fine! Thanks.

Originally posted by Dagmar View Post
    I have a Black Jack clone that is 4-5 weeks old and looks like it's maturing faster than it's parent who was harvested at 9 weeks. The buds are big and the pistols are starting to turn brown. The clone was cut when it's parent was 3 weeks in flower so it spent almost 3 months in veg since it had to revert back from a flowering plant. It's a very healthy plant with upwards of 20 colas. My guess is that it will be ready to harvest in as early at 2 weeks. Could this be possible?
    Harvested at 9 weeks...?....was it an Auto? and if it was from my belief you can't clone an Auto....Just wondering....?

Comment

• Dagmar
      Dagmar commented
      Editing a comment
      This strain finishes in 9-11 weeks according to Nirvana. Not an auto. I've grown Aurora Indica which finishes in 7-9 weeks and Bubblelicious which finishes in 8-10 weeks - also not autos and also Nirvana. All three are awesome strains. High in THC and CBD. Highly recommend all.

3 months in veg??? Was there a specific reason for that length of time? My clones spend no more than 4 weeks in veg and that includes the week of rooting and the week of transplant adjustment. I also cut in the first week of flower as opposed to 3 weeks. Not bashing your method just curious.
    Perpetual setup!

Comment

• Weed Pharma
      Weed Pharma commented
      Editing a comment
      What Dagmar is talking about is Monster cropping (aka flowering clone) which gives more banches/yield etc.. but the clone has to revert back to it's vegetative state which takes a bit longer.

That said, clones from this training are as bushy with good yields as it's donor.
      The only plant I keep going is one that was Monster cropped by mistake, but rooted well and thrived (not all cuttings will root and some may be difficult)

My experience is good, in that it does provide a robust plant.
      I then take regular clones from the Monster Crop and have kept this going for 4 crops of great plants over the past year.

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying that Pharma. Have a peaceful evening
    Perpetual setup!

Comment

Weed Pharma speaks the truth! It was 5 or 6 weeks before the clone started to grow at all and then she only put out 1 finger leaves for the next couple of weeks. But she took off after that and is bushy and full of colas.
      I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
      Blue Mystic (7 gal)
      VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
      Coco Coir w/30% perlite
      Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

dagmar, thanks for this thread...really interesting and learnin' a lot...
        "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X