strain for insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strain for insomnia

whats a good strain for help relax, stop your mind for running. Just have trouble lately staying asleep so Figured Id see if maybe theres a strain to help. Google did pull up Gods gift? Anyone have any experience with it?
    If you get confused....listen to the music play

For me it's Afghan Kush Wife take 2 hits and fell asleep 15 mins after then I begin to relax
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Dieselgrower
      Dieselgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      cool , Ill check both of these.

• Tumbleweed
      Tumbleweed commented
      Editing a comment

Revolver - by Crop King Seeds - has about 14%% THC some CBD qualities but also has more CBN than cbd which is why I'm growing it. CBN helps insomnia.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

love this place , always quick answers .Thank you . did look @ the gods gifts seems hard to get.

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Then check Kosher Kush, Right now I'm growing Mazar Kush for wife. A nice 20% THC.

• Dieselgrower
        Dieselgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        will do. I may try that afghan . Probably try all eventually but at least Ive got some to look into.

My experience is that it almost doesn't matter what strain I choose, it aids in falling asleep or getting back to sleep. It happened to me last night. I'm still relatively new, finding what works for me and what doesn't.

My truth is that I need to employ other means as well, for successful slumber. Moderate exercise, at least three times a week, is fantastic. I also practice deep breathing and meditation.

I know the effects of what I have and still chose a straight Sativa last night (Golden Tiger X Panama). The effects are what you'd expect, as compared to an Indica. It didin't matter. I enjoyed my complex, thought provoking, slightly invigorating high and gradually drifted off...

I guess my point is, don't get too wrapped around the axle about the strain. If you do the other things (meditation, etc.), you'll get to sleep regardless of strain.
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        So how was your Golden Tiger X Panama BR2K since I'm an Ace grower myself.

I’ve heard “Cement shoes” seems like a killer sleeper strain. The name alone sounds like a serious couch lock, it’s one I’ve been keeping my eye out for to aid my sleep.

Comment

Hindu Kush and Purple Kush. We rotate between the two

Comment

There were two things that would keep me awake at night. The first was joint pain, this was sporadic from 76 till the early in 2009 and used opioids to treat only when pain kept me awake. In 2013 I was diagnosed with COPD which made me realize my productive days were limited. This started my mind keeping me awake if I wasted a day. I found best thing for this was just to do something productive every day. For example I hate doing the dishes and if I blow them off to work some project in the house, yard or for improving my grow I was productive and blowing off the dishes doesn't dwell on my mind. In 2016 my primary physician semi-retired and started working out of a office that did not prescribe opioids and suggested I may want to check into cannabis since I only ever needed occasional meds to mask pain for me to sleep. Beginning 2-14-17 I switched to cannabis using Weedmaps for what was available at dispensaries within a 50 mile radius and Leafly to confirm affects I would purchase. Over the next 18 months I bought more than 30 ounces many of which did not have the taste or affect listed on Leafly which turned me of on dispensaries. Oh hell I'm high watching football and rambling all you wanted to know is what we use for sleeping. I found if I normally take 3 or 4 puffs off my pipe filled with the White Widow Hash I make to get a buzz or ease my knees that taking 5 or 6 puffs about an hour before bed and I sleep soundly. Last night no idea of drift off time but was dam near as soon as my head hit the pillow, I woke at 1:43 to piss and right back to sleep till 7:45

Comment

seems like a lot of kush. just sifted my trim collection got 1/2 oz of kief so im gonna try and make some hash

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            I just finished a fresh batch of Nepal Hash hihihihi

• Dieselgrower
            Dieselgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            nice! your hash always looks tasty

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea Bubba, Hindu, Purple, Master lol they’re all on the sedative side. Banana Kush is the only one I’ve tried that wasn’t

Gorilla Glue is a great relaxing and sleep aid - it is also good for mixing with some of the "active" strains which may be great for psychedelic's etc. but make it hard to sleep. We find that adding Gorilla Glue to you smoke (about 1/3 of your mixing should be Gorilla Glue).
          Also Gelato.OG is a great relaxer, the waves of relaxation that sweep over you are like being rocked to sleep, but this cannot be mixed - its not robust enough when blended to counter those strains that keep you alert...

So:
          • Gelato.OG - just by itself
          • Gorilla Glue, either by itself, or can be mixed in with other "non-sleepy" strains.

Comment

Sis in Law has some menopause related sleeping issues.

She says the jar of Bubba Kush I gave her puts her right out, sleeps like a baby.
            Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

My go to is tincture of Indica and .5 gram decarbed bud in a cup of yogurt, 2 hr. before lights out. And I do mean out.
              For me there is a slight hallucinogenic, paralytic effect before loss of consciousness and deep slumber. It's not bad.
              Last edited by quirk; 01-10-2021, 10:19 PM.

Comment

I choose a high indica strain. I do some edibles made with it about 2 hours before bed then I smoke me a bowl to go to sleep on and it helps me stay asleep during the night when what I smoked wears off, then the edibles are still working.

Comment

For me, in order: Mag Landrace. Gelato. Kubbie Kush. Pheno 51. Mob Boss.
                  Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
                  Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
                  Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
                  Various size fabric grow bags
                  Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
                  4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
                  Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                    bboyfromwayback commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mob boss lol. Some of these strain names crack me up

Thanks to the Christmas gift of a Magical Butter Machine from a dear friend I now have a good supply of White Widow tincture.

Two droppers of that elixir just before bed and I'm done for the day!
                  My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
                  I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
                  Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• grouchyoldman
                    grouchyoldman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dieselgrower, The minimum liquid volume is two cups and the max herb they recommend is one oz per cup. So my first attempt was about half the max weed amount and it was a little weak. Good potency after I boiled off half the alcohol. First try so I didn't use my best buds either.

I decarbed in a sealed mason jar, 250 for 40 minutes. Almost no smell to my surprise!!!
                    Last edited by grouchyoldman; 01-11-2021, 03:58 PM.

• grouchyoldman
                    grouchyoldman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I learned some Tincture lore yesterday that seems relevant for this discussion.

The strength of a cannabis tincture is often measured on the "Whole Plant Scale," which is a ratio of the amount of herb in grams divided by the volume of alcohol in ounces. Tincture recipes commonly shoot for a potency of around 3.5gr / ounce and assume a normal dose will be between one half to one ml.

So, in my recent batch I used one oz of bud in two cups of Everclear producing a "Whole Plant" potency of 1.86 (29.7g / 16oz). I found that rather weak and reduced the tincture liquid volume by half. That doubled the potency to around 3.7 (1.86 x 2). My bedtime does of 1 - 2 ml seems perfect for a great night's sleep.

Also, the Magic Butter recipe calls for 54gr (2oz) of weed and 16 oz of Everclear, producing a potency of 54 / 16 = 3.7! Voila!

To round this out, another method used to estimate tincture potency uses the following formula:
                    (THC content in % x Amount of Herb in mg x Extraction efficiency in % ) / Alcohol in ml = the mg/ml of THC in your tincture.

So, let’s assume that the THC content of our herb is 20%. The Magic Butter recipe max dose calls for 2oz (59 grams or 59000 mg) of herb in 16oz (454ml) of alcohol. A tincture extracts about 75% of the available THC. So, the math looks like this:

(0.2 x 59,000 mg x 0.75) / 454 ml = 19.5 mg/ml. --A quite potent concoction.

(Hat tip to @ReikoX for the formulas!)
                    Last edited by grouchyoldman; 01-12-2021, 04:40 PM.

• Dieselgrower
                    Dieselgrower commented
                    Editing a comment
                    awesome, thanks grouchyoldman for that info. local smoke shop has em I may actually grab 1 tonight or order it when I get some bottles. You could probably do a small run with 1 cup and 1 oz? also question Im guessing 1-2 oz bottles are common to carry but what size bottle to store it all in with that recipe?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X