Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poeras
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestions here I don't have insomnia, but sometimes I can't sleep well. I take some meds from Canadian pharmacy in such cases which work pretty well for me, I have to say. But I think that CBD is a great thing too, and it is 100% worth trying
    Last edited by poeras; 03-31-2021, 01:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Any Indica strain with 'kush' in it is for me too.

• kayakiit
    replied
    As a longtime insomniac, OG Kush is my go-to to knock me out

Leave a comment:

• Tumbleweed
    commented on 's reply

• Hairy
    replied
    Black Domina works great for me.

Leave a comment:

• Dieselgrower
    commented on 's reply
    awesome, thanks grouchyoldman for that info. local smoke shop has em I may actually grab 1 tonight or order it when I get some bottles. You could probably do a small run with 1 cup and 1 oz? also question Im guessing 1-2 oz bottles are common to carry but what size bottle to store it all in with that recipe?

• grouchyoldman
    commented on 's reply
    I learned some Tincture lore yesterday that seems relevant for this discussion.

The strength of a cannabis tincture is often measured on the "Whole Plant Scale," which is a ratio of the amount of herb in grams divided by the volume of alcohol in ounces. Tincture recipes commonly shoot for a potency of around 3.5gr / ounce and assume a normal dose will be between one half to one ml.

So, in my recent batch I used one oz of bud in two cups of Everclear producing a "Whole Plant" potency of 1.86 (29.7g / 16oz). I found that rather weak and reduced the tincture liquid volume by half. That doubled the potency to around 3.7 (1.86 x 2). My bedtime does of 1 - 2 ml seems perfect for a great night's sleep.

Also, the Magic Butter recipe calls for 54gr (2oz) of weed and 16 oz of Everclear, producing a potency of 54 / 16 = 3.7! Voila!

To round this out, another method used to estimate tincture potency uses the following formula:
    (THC content in % x Amount of Herb in mg x Extraction efficiency in % ) / Alcohol in ml = the mg/ml of THC in your tincture.

So, let’s assume that the THC content of our herb is 20%. The Magic Butter recipe max dose calls for 2oz (59 grams or 59000 mg) of herb in 16oz (454ml) of alcohol. A tincture extracts about 75% of the available THC. So, the math looks like this:

(0.2 x 59,000 mg x 0.75) / 454 ml = 19.5 mg/ml. --A quite potent concoction.

(Hat tip to @ReikoX for the formulas!)
    Last edited by grouchyoldman; 01-12-2021, 04:40 PM.

• Malkavian420
    replied
    Originally posted by Floopydoop View Post
    Sis in Law has some menopause related sleeping issues.

She says the jar of Bubba Kush I gave her puts her right out, sleeps like a baby.
    currently have some "Bubba Kush" growing now so can't wait then to try that...

Leave a comment:

• grouchyoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Dieselgrower, The minimum liquid volume is two cups and the max herb they recommend is one oz per cup. So my first attempt was about half the max weed amount and it was a little weak. Good potency after I boiled off half the alcohol. First try so I didn't use my best buds either.

I decarbed in a sealed mason jar, 250 for 40 minutes. Almost no smell to my surprise!!!
    Last edited by grouchyoldman; 01-11-2021, 03:58 PM.

• Dieselgrower
    commented on 's reply
    i was just gonna ask. with the butter machine you guys do the whole oz per cup? how bad is the decarb to do? I see the advent nova does both, didnt know if the feature is worth the coin?

• grouchyoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Poppa, Yep, I tossed an oz of decent decarbed bud in with two cups of Everclear, punched up 180 degrees and let her spin for four hours.
    Voila, two cups of green-tinted but clear magic juice. Super hot on the tongue but nice in a shot of apple juice.

I wasn't happy with the potency so I put a half dozen of the dropper bottles in a slow cooker on HI for an hour and boiled off about half the alcohol. That made it a lot easier on the tongue and two droppers = ZZZZZzzz!

Rawk on,
    -Grouchy

• Poppa
    commented on 's reply
    grouchyoldman did you use the recipe in the Magical Butter recipes to make your tincture?

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    The Magical Butter Machine is golden! Made my first batch of brownies Saturday. Excellent results

• Dieselgrower
    commented on 's reply
    ive thought of trying to make this, just to try it out.

• grouchyoldman
    replied
    Thanks to the Christmas gift of a Magical Butter Machine from a dear friend I now have a good supply of White Widow tincture.

Two droppers of that elixir just before bed and I'm done for the day!

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X