Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55 Degrees Ferrenheit in my flower room last night... how bad is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! 55 Degrees Ferrenheit in my flower room last night... how bad is it?

So my Veg was growing slow. My reasoning is it in a cold spot in an unfinshed basement. :I finally bought a recording thermometer and after addressing my veg room issues with a small heater, some dryer ducting and 1/4 in foam board made an adhock 2 x 4 enclosed to keep the heat in.

Here is my bigger issue.... I moved the thermometer to my Flower room to check things out and the overnight temp hit. 55.

My plants appear healthy. the daytime temp hangs 71-74 degrees. I didn't think it dropped that low over night. I am about 3-4 weeks out by the calender (Please tell me what you think by the photos. First tricomes are starting to frost). Do I want/need to correct this immediately or should I ride out the rest of this harvest? I am doing a flower room overhaul at the end of this cycle.

I am in a 4 x 5 space, growing in FF soil in 3 Gallon plastic. All pots are off the cold floor on foam inslation. I have a 600W HID and a couple cheap LED's which got the room to 90 before I built a filter and installed a vent. Daytime temps are now good.

I kinda stressed the Veg plants a few days of not having the heat right. I don't want to screw up this late in the game. Thank in advance for you input. This community rocks!

Respect!

Mattman
    Attached Files
    Old school outdoor renegade finally indoors and legit.
    5x5 DIY flower room with 3 nets. 600w Hid mars hydro 600(100w) and Chinese led (150w actual).. Promix C coco mix +20% course perlite. General hydro nutes at slightly under full dose+ cal mag and molasses every other water.
    wishing you peace on your particular path....

I think you are fine. It's winter there's only so much you can do. If you have a vent or exhaust fan maybe turn it down a little at night but that's about it. I'm in a similar position. The temp in my tent dropped to a low of 56 last night but my plants are doing fine. Also it's not that low the whole time. Im using one of those sensorpush temp probes so I can see a graph of the temperature over time on the app. Lights went out at midnight but the temperature didnt go below 58 until about 5 am. It continued to drop to 56 until noon when the lights came on. It might not be ideal but as long as it doesnt get much lower I wouldnt worry about it.

Comment

• Yoopergarden
      Yoopergarden commented
      Editing a comment
      Good the hear and thanks for the input. If they were stressed like the Veg room, I would freak... thanks

Thats not to bad, if you keep it up you may get colours like purple. I have a (male) plant on the front porch, it hit 20*F here yesterday and he is still alive and well.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X