Cold vs Hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold vs Hot

Doing extractions, I have read a lot on how to freeze the bud and solvent and have tried it, I will have the second half of the system today (IF UPS stays on track) to reclaim the solvent. I have also read about using an espresso machine to do hot extractions to gain more of the oils faster. I have not treid this, dont have the $300 coffee maker, and thats to much for a test. Anyone done the hot method? IF so what was the results? It does sound like it might be best done outside.

I'm thinking of buying this for wife oil. https://shop.levooil.ca/products/lev...SABEgIgNfD_BwE
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Farmbuck How do you get the THC back out of the butter/oil?

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        I use the remaining buds after I'm done with my hash extraction. Not the best method for oil but then it easy for making wife oil or cream.

1. I keep my grinded buds in a freezer until i'm ready
        2. I use organic coconut liquid (eatable kind)
        3. I decarb the buds
        4. I mix both ingredients in a slow cooker for 3 - 4 hrs on low
        5. I filter it using a cheesecloth to a mason jar
        6. I let it cool for 30 mins then after I store it.

Wife say it help her arthritis and minor pains. Remember she rub it on her not ingest it.

Hope it inform you a bit Rwise
        Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-08-2021, 12:30 PM.

My cream
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Ol Farmbuck could do some GWE tutorials lol

Comment

I am going to try one of these for part 1 of the extraction process. And if I dont like the results I'll make brandy with it! LOL
          Mr Distiller Small Moonshine Still   Mr Distiller Small Moonshine Still is the fast and simple way to make your favorite spirits and liqueurs at a fraction of the cost. Finally...a still to take it's place amongst everyday kitchen appliances! It looks like a kettle and works like a kettle - but it makes

Comment

Have I ever said "I HATE FEDEX"! Someone there must hate me, they insist on changing my address, they call it correcting, I call it incorrecting. They seem to think I should live in Turley instead of Oakhurst, oh should I not say Oakjurst here? Or sometime they put me in Jenks, why the hell cant they do a simple job and bring my package to me?

Comment

I froze mine then rinsed the solvent and filtered with Malita filters. I then cooked it off using heat in a hot water bath, you could recollect the solvent with a condenser tube. For my product I left it to dry by air for 24 hours after the cook then I vac purged for 12 hrs resetting pressure every 4 hrs.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X