Cold vs Hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold vs Hot

Doing extractions, I have read a lot on how to freeze the bud and solvent and have tried it, I will have the second half of the system today (IF UPS stays on track) to reclaim the solvent. I have also read about using an espresso machine to do hot extractions to gain more of the oils faster. I have not treid this, dont have the $300 coffee maker, and thats to much for a test. Anyone done the hot method? IF so what was the results? It does sound like it might be best done outside.

I'm thinking of buying this for wife oil. https://shop.levooil.ca/products/lev...SABEgIgNfD_BwE

Comment

Farmbuck How do you get the THC back out of the butter/oil?

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        I use the remaining buds after I'm done with my hash extraction. Not the best method for oil but then it easy for making wife oil or cream.

1. I keep my grinded buds in a freezer until i'm ready
        2. I use organic coconut liquid (eatable kind)
        3. I decarb the buds
        4. I mix both ingredients in a slow cooker for 3 - 4 hrs on low
        5. I filter it using a cheesecloth to a mason jar
        6. I let it cool for 30 mins then after I store it.

Wife say it help her arthritis and minor pains. Remember she rub it on her not ingest it.

Hope it inform you a bit Rwise
        Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-08-2021, 05:30 PM.

My cream

Comment

Ol Farmbuck could do some GWE tutorials lol
        In veg under SP150
        Glueberry OG
        Pineapple Chunk
        Bubba Kush x 2
        Hindu Kush x 2

In flower under ES180 x 2
        Pineapple Chunk
        Purple Haze x 2

Comment

I am going to try one of these for part 1 of the extraction process. And if I dont like the results I'll make brandy with it! LOL
          https://milehidistilling.com/product...onshine-still/

Comment

Have I ever said "I HATE FEDEX"! Someone there must hate me, they insist on changing my address, they call it correcting, I call it incorrecting. They seem to think I should live in Turley instead of Oakhurst, oh should I not say Oakjurst here? Or sometime they put me in Jenks, why the hell cant they do a simple job and bring my package to me?

Comment

I froze mine then rinsed the solvent and filtered with Malita filters. I then cooked it off using heat in a hot water bath, you could recollect the solvent with a condenser tube. For my product I left it to dry by air for 24 hours after the cook then I vac purged for 12 hrs resetting pressure every 4 hrs.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X