X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Help

Fox farm ocean forest
    day 41 veg
    tsl 2000 at max power 36 inches away from plants.
    only been feeding water
    temp 78
    humidity 58
    light schedule 24 hour on
    good airflow.
    light green plant is in 3 gallon pot
    regular color plant is in 5 gallon pot

hey forum I’ve stumbled upon an issue here .. so both these plants suffered with root rot at an early stage but I cut off nasty roots and replanted and it took FOREVER for them to come back to life I even implemented some main line training after it recovered. 1 plant is super light green but still growing at a decent pace while the other has a regular green color but is stunted .. is this due to the soil being hot still or can it be a deficiency ?.. or am I making it a big deal and the plant is fine lol

Are these auto"s?
    Can you describe the 'root rot problem? (I'm asking because you're in soil.)
    The lighter plant looks like a possible Mg def.
    A foliar spray of 1-2 Tbs/gal Epsom salt may help.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Tackitor
      Tackitor commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your comment .. and these are photoperiods. So when they were seedlings I noticed they were growing very slow and the soil would not dry up even though I had multiple holes in the solo cups. I thought nothing if it till one day they drooped over and I pulled the plant out of the soil and the roots were clumped up and had slime around some of the roots and were brown. I cut the nasty roots off and left the best I can and transplanted back into solo cups and let them dry out once they got a little bigger I moved them over to the 3 and 5 gallon pots but progress has been slow and they still take a while to dry out when I water them. I have cut watering drastically lol

You can throw whatever you want at them, but until you address the PH issue they will continue to suffer.
    I ask this question almost every day, whats the PH? How about instead of deficiencies you have lockout.
    At the top of this page and every page there is a link to "Plant Problems" follow it and look at the pictures for your leaf issue then follow the "Read More" and read more. With this type issue the first thing to check is the PH. If thats correct then use an additive.

Comment

• Tackitor
      Tackitor commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry for the late reply. It’s been 8 days and still slow growth. I flushed with regular water ph at 6.7 and then added 1/4 of cal mag and floragro and floramicro all at 1/4 dose. PH came out to 6.3 run off and I put them into 1 gallon pots with plenty of holes to breathe but today I took them out the check the roots and seen that it was somewhat clumped up and still moist but a lot of new white roots started appearing .. anything I should do ? Also the first gallon of water that I used to flush both of them had a ppm of 2000. After flushing ppm was left at 350

Ph definitely & pots seem to large for that size plant. Compaction of your soil could also be an issue. Rice hulls are cheap and great for aeration or more perlite to keep the soil from compacting your root zone. Also tying the branches down at that size can be counterintuitive. Let it stretch a bit. Shouldn’t need to tie anything down till it’s stretching.

As for a fix, first off PH. Get that under control. If your in soil you shouldn’t need to PH. Soil acts as a buffer. If the PH is off your plant won’t be able to take up the nutes it needs.

Without knowing what you’ve tried to give the plant, I’d water with nothing but water and some sensyzime. That stuff will turn any dead roots into fertilizer.
    Tip: When you have a good amount of aeration in your pots you can water to runoff then take the shopvac and hold it down by the bottom of the pot where the water drips out. Don’t suck out all the water but it’s a good way to assure nothing is getting trapped and drowning your roots.

The next watering use nothing but water. With the pot saturated pour some compost tea through the drenched soil.

It will take time but with proper environment you should see a noticeable difference a day or two after the mini flush and tea. If not then you probably lost to many fan leaves. Think of those as the plants solar panels. Personally at day 40 something, I’d clone it and start over. You don’t want to send a unhealthy plant into flower and the amount of damage to the root zone will most likely lead to small buds.
    Last edited by Lark77; 01-13-2021, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Tackitor
      Tackitor commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry for the late reply. It’s been 8 days and still slow growth. I flushed with regular water ph at 6.7 and then added 1/4 of cal mag and floragro and floramicro all at 1/4 dose. PH came out to 6.3 run off and I put them into 1 gallon pots with plenty of holes to breathe but today I took them out the check the roots and seen that it was somewhat clumped up and still moist but a lot of new white roots started appearing .. anything I should do ? Also the first gallon of water that I used to flush both of them had a ppm of 2000. After flushing ppm was left at 350

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X