• Show
Clear All

Should I harvest now. Or wait?

Wait for about a month
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Wait. From just that one pic it looks like you have at least 2 weeks to go. If you haven’t done it already, you need to get a good magnified view of the trichomes to get a better idea when it’s time to harvest.

More pics might be helpful.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea. It’s easy to get impatient when you see the hairs of happiness sprouting all over the place, but you got to give her way more time.

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh god I wish we had something above like......hairs of happiness.....I love that I will be stealing it. Reminds me of my penthouse collection in the 70s.

• gman420
          gman420 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have only been through 1 grow so far and I agree with SoOrbudgal and wait about a month.

Here’s a helpful guide
        Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Ok thanks guys sorry for the pup pic lol

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            We love animal photos Tojo420 we show our pets

Yeah you're only half-way through, you got some time still. We love our animals around here, I think there's a couple posts on here dedicated to our fur-babies.

Comment

You definitely have a few weeks or more to go. They look good though. Read up on the main site about when to harvest. Everything you need to know is there.
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

To determine when to harvest, you will want to look at the trichomes on the buds. You are looking at the color of the round head of the trichome. General rule of thumb is to harvest when you have 10% amber, 80% milky and 10% clear trichome heads. After a few harvests, you may find your own preference.

The amber heads are reported to have more of a sedative, body effect. The clear heads have been reported as being more cerebral and energetic high. Either way, you'll want the majority to be milky. These effects can be attributed to the maturation process of cannabinoids within the trichome heads. True they will continue to mature slightly as they hang dry. The milky to amber is a visual representation of the THCa turning into CBNa.

Do be sure to check the buds and not the leaves. Trichomes on the leaves will mature faster than the buds, so they aren't the most accurate ripeness indicator you can use. However, they can be a good visual indicator as to when you might need to begin your flush if you choose to do so. Using a jewelers loupe is preferred, but many times you can use the camera on your phone to get a close up and clear picture of your trichome heads.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X