First timer Scrog mistakes (FU’s) and what i learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First timer Scrog mistakes (FU’s) and what i learned

First timer Scrog mistakes (FU’s) and what i learned.

First submission:

Full disclosure: I am not a total noob (Old school guerilla farmer), but this is my first indoor grow at the helm of my own ship.

Many times during this grow, I have found myself Functionally Unaware (Hereby referred to as FU). For example, I FU’d and left the work light on in the flower room 3 days and now my girls are growing bananas… you get the idea. I learned much from each FU. Here are a few of my FU’s and the ensuing lesson.

Scrog FU #1. Incorrect net placement.

So the girls are growing great in Vedge. Measure the height from the soil to plant top and hang a net right? Better yet, I am an old fart and don't want to bend over. Net at belt height right.? So hung my net and waited….and you get the idea.

Over a few weeks I raised my plants closer to the net using 2” foam blocks to get my plants

8-12 inches closer to the net than I had originally thought. Each 2” move required unweaving and reweaving of the plant.

Lesson provided: Get your net low and don't be afraid to untwist part of your Scrog to make adjustment.

In the end, I lost opportunity from the bottom of the plant. That said, I corrected and adjusted mid course. This caused me a whole new batch of FU’s I may or may not outline later. (FU#2, breaking plants and learning to nurse back to health =supercropping?)...

Thanks to this community for the join and wishing you all the best on your particular path.

Mattman

(The reluctant Bodhisattva)

Old school outdoor renegade finally indoors and legit.
    5x5 DIY flower room with 3 nets. 600w Hid mars hydro 600(100w) and Chinese led (150w actual).. Promix C coco mix +20% course perlite. General hydro nutes at slightly under full dose+ cal mag and molasses every other water.
    wishing you peace on your particular path....

Hey, when I do my scrog I let the plant grow up to my screen and before flipping and as it stretches I weave it through. You would be surprised how fast it can fill up. I don’t come back in a clean the bottoms until the third week of bud. And lower screen.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Acology
      Acology commented
      Editing a comment
      nice plants but i say the idea of using a net is to maximize grow space coverage. your plants would of grown the same with out that net as it technically doing nothing if anything its just in the way

• Yoopergarden
      Yoopergarden commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that is a real Scrog. Thanks man and wait til my next round. Respect.

• Yoopergarden
      Yoopergarden commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy colas Batman. More screen time in veg for me next try. Thanks for your feedback and damn nice buds.!!!

lollipopping and keeping the center cleaned out of the plant is my biggest issue with using a scrog net

i rotate between scrog runs and lst runs and im slowly starting to hate scrogs as i get better plants not using one but smaller yield by an OZ

being my back isnt that well being able to remove the plant from my grow space and work on them is more beneficial to me then having to climb under a net and clean up small tops and leaves ect

one other issue i fined when im using a scrog is it makes too many small tops and that makes trimming a pain. in my eyes i feel running more plants with less tops in the same space gives me a better harvest on bud size reducing my trim time allot also veg time

Comment

• Yoopergarden
      Yoopergarden commented
      Editing a comment
      Great input. Thank you.. Not sure if you can tell by the latter photos bit I FIM'd the girl on the left. Tons of bud sites but little nuggage. So much to learn under the lights. Thanks again

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X