I like having a break between grows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like having a break between grows

I think of things I'd like to change in or add to my grow setup while communing with my plants in the evenings, and like to use the break between grows to to incorporate them. Some time last spring there was either a post on the GWE forums or one of the weekly GWE emails that addressed grow safety. When I built my grow room I had already addressed fire safety incorporating a heat detector linked into the heat, fire and CO2 detection system I put in while renovating my home. So fire portion of that reading didn't raise any red flags. The electrical portion how ever made me realize I'd made a mistake. When I wired the grow room I must have had a brain fart. I have worked with electrical wiring in buildings and machinery on and off for over 40 years and it didn't cross my mind to incorporate GFCI protection. I gathered up items needed to correct this over site but doing the reveges of spring grow and learning to clone kept me from getting a summer break, I now have about a month before I'll need the grow room. Yesterday I pulled the trolley back stop and mounted electrical items needed to be able to plug all the pumps into at the back out of the way. Today I focused on incorporating GFCI protection started by removing the 2 junction boxes, moved the left one in 3rd picture to the left a couple of inches and eliminated the right one by using the outlet box. The left box fed both to a timer for exhaust fan and uncontrolled wall outlets so I had to keep it since not enough room for all the wires and the outlet in the 1 gang duplex box I was adding for the GFCI. I also added eye bolts and an outlet for 2 of my smaller lights if I ever need to move a 4th trolley in during flowering.

Damn that's an impressive setup 👌 my brother grows for a commercial outfit that grows hemp and their 25,000 ft² greenhouses don't look as organized and they have annual inspections lol. Lookin good now get busy and get that shit done hahaha
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL MeEasy he's got a freakin lab grow area. I think i saw Dexter in there. Just messin with ya Poppa we very much love your grow space an devotion to improvements. I'm just lazy anymore

Last year when I chose to try and reveg my plants and then learn to clone I jumped ahead of the schedule I had planed for learning different things to do with cannabis. I didn't have the infrastructure I wanted to build for doing them built so I improvised by building a quick level platform and used extension cords to get by. The corner I setup in I have plans to build an area for making hash and oil but will need to use it once again this year. I want to take some clones from my next grow and see if I can recreate last falls 4 clones in a tote grow that was my best scrog grow so far. With this in mind today I worked on getting electrical run that will cover both my needs this year and mounted everything high enough for use when I eventually set up for hash and oil. Tomorrow I have to clean up and start gathering up items needed for the next grow I'll be starting in a week or two.

Comment

I've changed a few things in the past 6-7 months nothing like yours but I had been growing under 2 little blurple lights and relearned how to grow long story in there but I'll save the soap opera anyway I maxed out those little blurples was getting a consistent 4-6 ounces. So I bought me a little better light sf2000 about the same watts as the other two put together made two passes with the three still in my walking closet first total 526grams second 587g I was impressed by that and has to buy a second sf to match the other the blurples are now on the shelf. I struggled a little in the closet with environmental management so I bought a 4x4 tent at the same time as the new light. Set it all up popped as many seeds as I thought I could fit into the tent. As soon as they got there second leaves I found out my cancer was back that was in Nov I got in a funk and almost killed every plant I had just started. Got em back alive and growing and well I just had my second surgery yesterday to dig out the damn stuff hopefully they got it all. Anyways back to the tent I top dressed em with flower food Tuesday and will flip em to flower between now and Tuesday I like to let the food cook. But here's everything kinda in pics. Nothing like you have but I'm moving on up chasing you big time guys lol oh and did I mention I quit smoking the stuff probably 5 years ago 😅 damn sorry for the book and like I said I had surgery yesterday so if something doesn't make sense I have an excuse this week lol

First three are closet others tent a time-line if you will.
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Poppa
        Poppa commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good. I'll join ya in hopping they got it all.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X