Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hairyman
    replied
    I use regular household ones that are normally used for things like Christmas lights. I have six and they work pretty well. One or two have stopped working over time and some are faster or slower a bit but I don't leave the plants unattended for more than a few hours so its not a problem. The brands are Intermatic and Woods. I get them at the hardware store.

Leave a comment:

• TheKieftan
    replied
    I use this it hasn’t failed me yet and it’s cheap https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tou...kaApcMEALw_wcB

Leave a comment:

• aoxomoxoa
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Gluteous. That’s the kind I have. Not having success with those. May be op error.😔

• aoxomoxoa
    commented on 's reply
    May I say...Fucking awesome!

• echdk3
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for sharing! That is so cool, right up my alley.

• YYCannabis
    replied
    echdk3 here is a screen shot of the power consumption screen for the plug that powers my lights. It logs the last 30 days.

Leave a comment:

• Cloud
    commented on 's reply
    Can't remember which model sorry and no wasn't overloaded. I believe it could handle 1500 watts and I had less than 700

• echdk3
    commented on 's reply
    That’s a pretty wild power strip! Is there an app since it connects to your wifi? I would love to track my power usage and see it accumulate over time.

• echdk3
    commented on 's reply
    Is there any chance you overloaded it? Also I looked at an Apollo timer and noticed it had no safety certification. I’m very curious about this as I am a real safety freak!

• PLreef
    replied
    I use an analog timer I picked up on Amazon. Hasn't failed me yet.

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    Yea. Spare timer, air pumps, and an extra fan is good to keep on hand. This shit breaks down at the worst times possible...always.

• Gluteous
    replied
    I've used the electronic and the analog. By far better results with the analog. Any type that has the tabs you pop up/down to control on/off. Pro Tip: Have a spare. Seriously. All this shit breaks.

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    replied
    I use a smart power strip from KASA

It allows great timer control for each individual plug plus allows you to see exactly how much power is being drawn through each plug. Since it will connect wirelessly to your home WiFi, it knows exactly what time it is. If there is ever a power outage it will retain all the timer settings and keep the light schedule as you want it when the power is restored. 😁

Leave a comment:

• echdk3
    commented on 's reply
    Wow that is really concerning! Is there any way for you to determine the full model number? I’m curious to look into that specific timer. Did you contact the manufacturer and complain?

• Cloud
    replied
    Cheap timer from Walmart. My digital timer I think was apollo something caught fire after little Over year use. I got lucky I prop the power strip on a metal table and nothing caught fire. Power strip was still on and lights were still on but super dim. You could see scorcher all over power strip and timer.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X