No announcement yet.

Will cal-mag upset organic living soil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Will cal-mag upset organic living soil?

I’ve been going 100% organic and focusing on the microbiology in my soil to feed my plants, however I made the mistake of leaving out dolomite lime from the start.
    having a deficiency with calcium/magnesium currently.

my question is: will cal-mag upset/kill the microbiology I’m creating in my organic soil, and if so, how would I re-vitalize the microbiology in my soil to continue on with flower?

I've herd this argument go both ways. There is so many ways to get cal and mag so why take the chance.
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      As for replenishing the little critters I use this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NBHCQHV...GELIN2Q5&psc=1 or I'll make some poop or compost tea

• GreenAlchemist
      GreenAlchemist commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been thinking the same thing, I hear many different opinions on this one, but I’d love to hear the reasoning behind it.

I treated one with a dolomite lime mix, top dressed 1tbsp, and it seems to have stopped or slowed it down, Gave it some black strap molasses water next feed to wash it down.

I’m just debating if I should stay on course and do this with the others, or experiment with the cal-mag and see. Really wanting to stay 100% organic but also not cause issues later on

I’m confused on this. Can you actually have “living soil” in coco? I always thought you had to have soil to get living soil.

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      I am confused then as well. Why the title?

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm looking everywhere and don't see the word coco anywhere. I'm confused

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh duh 🙄 I see it now I'm guessing that coco in the drop menu was hit on accident when setting up the thread

Roots makes an organic calmag or you can make your own with epsom salt egg shells and distilled water
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      I just started using the Roots cal/mag with my grow. So far no negative effects.
      Im really liking just top dressing every few weeks instead of mixing liquid nutes every few days. Im going threw the living soil learning curve but really happy with the growth im getting. Seems like the plants flower much faster in living soil.

My mistake; organic living medium**
    It is coco being used, Just wanted people to know I’m worried about the microbiology and bacteria in my medium if I were to use cal-mag..

I’d rather not disturb or kill the microbiology but I do need to boost magnesium in 2 and cal-mag in one. Just wanted to open a discussion on organic dry amendments vs. liquid cal-mag. The pros vs cons to each, or other possible methods (I heard some people use Diluted concentrated banana peel solutions to boost phosphorus/potassium/cal-mag, but haven’t heard how it’s worked out or how fast for those people)

Comment

I've been going organic and living soil as well. Well im using soil.
      I recently bought a 'grow' magazine and am looking up all the places with nutrient ad's in it.
      so I've found quite a few organic liquid nutrients that would be good for cal-mag.
      here is one I know of

But there are tons.
      I think foxfarms has organic cal-mag.

4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
      1x Slapz
      1x Quikz
      2x red runtz
      1x flo-see
      1x 2B blunt
      1x persian pie

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X